What the #$%@

C'mon:) How did you make the connection between "highlights" and the SAGE encloaked Lifetimer then?

None the less, I can respect the "keep'n a low profile" . I am sure we'll cross paths on the flow sometime anyway. If not here on the boards:)

Take it easy.

Three years ago around the same time I was fishing the cow and as I was getting closer to the 70.2 mile trestle I heard shotgun blasts. When I got there there was one guy on the bridge shooting (he stopped shooting when he saw me) and one guy fishing on those rocks under the bridge. They didn't have a boat with them, I think they were just checking the road in (they had a key) and i believe they said a beaver damn flooded the road so they had to fix it. They didn't like brown trout either. VERY nice guys, they offerd to take me for a drift but it never actually happened,the one guy worked at the big mill just north of Duncan. They also said they were volunteers for the hatchery.

Bucky from the tackle shop? no. I saw them again a couple times and they would always ask me if i'd seen Kenzie (I would try to beat him too). I think his name might have been Mark and his friend I think was unable to work and seemed to LOVE fishing among other things.

oh yeah, they had a lifetimer drift boat and only gear fished and I know for a fact they were the first to drift from 70.2 mile trestle to skutz in 2006. I couldn't believe they were going to do it, when I walked the trail on the south side past the 70.2 bridge walking downstream, I could not believe the damage done from the storm the night previous. Big fir uprooted all over the place, I think alot of it has to do with the clearcutting not far from the trail. Anyways they had reports of 20 fish days and one over 20 lbs.

Yeah, it's always been a tricky drift through the diversion (below 70.2) Well worth the effort though. It has cleared up alot over the years. It used to be virtually inpassable. Lots to see and almost no pressure from other boaters. Never know what you might hook up that way.;)

Back