What the #$%@

Chosen One you still thinking of doing a trip up island? Give me a shout one of these days if you would like to go.

Daddy:D:D:D

Chosen One you still thinking of doing a trip up island? Give me a shout one of these days if you would like to go.

Daddy:D:D:D

one of the reasons to cancel the program is the cost of doing it and the return on investment. It's a proven fact that ground water facilities like the Duncan trout hatchery and the Fraser Valley trout hatchery produce a poor quality steelhead smolt that does not return at a decent rate compared to hatcheries like Robertson creek and Chilliwack river hatceries that use river water. Instead of fixing the problem and changing the way MoE does business they just stopped the program.

one of the reasons to cancel the program is the cost of doing it and the return on investment. It's a proven fact that ground water facilities like the Duncan trout hatchery and the Fraser Valley trout hatchery produce a poor quality steelhead smolt that does not return at a decent rate compared to hatcheries like Robertson creek and Chilliwack river hatceries that use river water. Instead of fixing the problem and changing the way MoE does business they just stopped the program.

Maybe the return is not that great, but i have seen hatchery fish close to 20# and fight as good as any wild fish.. They have a trout hatchery on the river, they should use it.. Why not take numbers from the creel for 3 years then decide what to do with the program. This river just might be doomed !!!

Maybe the return is not that great, but i have seen hatchery fish close to 20# and fight as good as any wild fish.. They have a trout hatchery on the river, they should use it.. Why not take numbers from the creel for 3 years then decide what to do with the program. This river just might be doomed !!!

Thanks for the update C1 & rln! The clay bank problems below 70.2 mile bridge is not going away anytime soon although thats great work they did on the Stoltze clay bank! The logging problems are still there and now there is one less resources, hatchery, to help the Cowie to recover. What stupid logic MOE is base on to eliminated the hatchery program instead of finding a better solution as what rln said. It just don't make sense to use ground water for a river fish! [V][V] I just don't see how can they base their survey of there is not enough angler keeping hatchery steelheads to justify the program. Maybe it is a good idea to tell the creel survey guy all the truth :D[:p] I admitted that I was guilty of telling less fish being caught ;)[8D][:I] yikes! I promised I will tell the truth next time :D:D:D

On a different note, what crappy work they did on the pullout/put-in on Vimmy with all the lose big rocks and edges. That was a major pain to pull out the glass boat [V][V] It does not help that fishing was slow as well.

HS.

Thanks for the update C1 & rln! The clay bank problems below 70.2 mile bridge is not going away anytime soon although thats great work they did on the Stoltze clay bank! The logging problems are still there and now there is one less resources, hatchery, to help the Cowie to recover. What stupid logic MOE is base on to eliminated the hatchery program instead of finding a better solution as what rln said. It just don't make sense to use ground water for a river fish! [V][V] I just don't see how can they base their survey of there is not enough angler keeping hatchery steelheads to justify the program. Maybe it is a good idea to tell the creel survey guy all the truth :D[:p] I admitted that I was guilty of telling less fish being caught ;)[8D][:I] yikes! I promised I will tell the truth next time :D:D:D

On a different note, what crappy work they did on the pullout/put-in on Vimmy with all the lose big rocks and edges. That was a major pain to pull out the glass boat [V][V] It does not help that fishing was slow as well.

HS.

Nobody is impressed with the work they did Hyde.. They should of at least put some gravel over those rocks. I feel sorry for those guys that use to pull there boats up and over the bank. It took 5 guys to load a Lifetimer the other day.

Nobody is impressed with the work they did Hyde.. They should of at least put some gravel over those rocks. I feel sorry for those guys that use to pull there boats up and over the bank. It took 5 guys to load a Lifetimer the other day.

Fins,

Happy New Year :)

I almost pull my back trying to guide the boat up without scratching all the bottom and paint of it the other day.

How was fishing for you and wild bill on new year day?

HS.

Fins,

Happy New Year :)

I almost pull my back trying to guide the boat up without scratching all the bottom and paint of it the other day.

How was fishing for you and wild bill on new year day?

HS.

Aside from Service Road on the Stamp , all of the take outs and put ins are becoming a joke. We got so p$^&sed off that we just bought a new jet. We weren't going to spend another hour trying to winch the drift boat over a mound of rocks.

What a gong show!

Hey Hyde, it's been a while.;) When was the last time up on the Cow for you? Any action?

Aside from Service Road on the Stamp , all of the take outs and put ins are becoming a joke. We got so p$^&sed off that we just bought a new jet. We weren't going to spend another hour trying to winch the drift boat over a mound of rocks.

What a gong show!

Hey Hyde, it's been a while.;) When was the last time up on the Cow for you? Any action?

highlights,

I am more of a lurker than a poster :D:D[8D][8D] I do frequent the board often though ;) Where do we know each other, I don't recall? :D

It's been a while for fishing but I am not complaining since I managed to do 2 big fishing trips last fall :D:D I was drifting on Monday with a couple buddies and we lost 1 fish and a few trouts, nothing exciting. I guessed it's still a bit early and it does not help that C1 soared mouth a few of those December fish before we can get to them [:p][:p] The put in at Stoltze is pretty good but that's about it for the Cowie! Congrats on the Jet boat!!! It's the way to go!

HS.

highlights,

I am more of a lurker than a poster :D:D[8D][8D] I do frequent the board often though ;) Where do we know each other, I don't recall? :D

It's been a while for fishing but I am not complaining since I managed to do 2 big fishing trips last fall :D:D I was drifting on Monday with a couple buddies and we lost 1 fish and a few trouts, nothing exciting. I guessed it's still a bit early and it does not help that C1 soared mouth a few of those December fish before we can get to them [:p][:p] The put in at Stoltze is pretty good but that's about it for the Cowie! Congrats on the Jet boat!!! It's the way to go!

HS.

I applogize , as I've been a lurker since the late 90's as well. I picked up on a few details from some of your posts. Course I could be mistaken , but I beleive we may have been old buddies at one point in time.
Times have changed and with kids now I don't get out that much anymore. Good to know that some of the "old crew" are still on the flow.
A good buddy from Vancouver bought the jet and we are storing it at my house. We tend to fish the Stamp more than any other river as it usually yeilds big numbers. Although nothing compares to those chrome slabs from the Cowichan, it's all about the quality. Lets face it, although it's good karma to say the fish are just the icing?........ well I love to feel those thumps!

I applogize , as I've been a lurker since the late 90's as well. I picked up on a few details from some of your posts. Course I could be mistaken , but I beleive we may have been old buddies at one point in time.
Times have changed and with kids now I don't get out that much anymore. Good to know that some of the "old crew" are still on the flow.
A good buddy from Vancouver bought the jet and we are storing it at my house. We tend to fish the Stamp more than any other river as it usually yeilds big numbers. Although nothing compares to those chrome slabs from the Cowichan, it's all about the quality. Lets face it, although it's good karma to say the fish are just the icing?........ well I love to feel those thumps!

Ya Hyde nothing for us the other day except some empty cans of Lucky.. Good thing my oarsman only had one as we were in the trees a couple of times !! The Wild one managed a nice one and heard of a couple of others.. It was just good to get out on the flow. Was that the last time you are going to take out at Vimy ??

Ya Hyde nothing for us the other day except some empty cans of Lucky.. Good thing my oarsman only had one as we were in the trees a couple of times !! The Wild one managed a nice one and heard of a couple of others.. It was just good to get out on the flow. Was that the last time you are going to take out at Vimy ??

Back