What the #$%@

Yo-mama, I just don't see a reason, why you keep picking on "The Chosen one" shooting mergansers?? What is the big deal shooting birds on the river?? It is 100% legal and they have followed the regulation.

Mouthhouse, what you gonna do when i drift pass your property very close?? Blast me with your shotgun loaded with salt shell or with the buck shot?? You better walk the walk...

Jughead, in what way you know they are not bagging their bag limit?? How would you know they didn't harvest the edable portion?? I don't know you a bird hunter or not, but lots of time, bird don't just drop right on the spot. Therefore, you can't retrive them...

When i read this kind of trashing post, it makes my blood boil.. The guy who shot those mergansers did nothing wrong.. 1. Its 100% legal, 2. They followed the regulation, hunting on a non-power boat, keep what they retrives. And they even got an OK from the CO.. I will support "the chosen one" actions' all the way.. Hell, i might even do a drift just for shooting mergansers, leave those fishing rods behind.. F^(& you all..

quote:Originally posted by TCR

Yo-mama, I just don't see a reason, why you keep picking on "The Chosen one" shooting mergansers?? What is the big deal shooting birds on the river?? It is 100% legal and they have followed the regulation.

Mouthhouse, what you gonna do when i drift pass your property very close?? Blast me with your shotgun loaded with salt shell or with the buck shot?? You better walk the walk... I will wave..ask how your days been, and hope you were not shooting firearms any f@#$ing where near my kids....safe hunting all...walking right now.

Jughead, in what way you know they are not bagging their bag limit?? How would you know they didn't harvest the edable portion?? I don't know you a bird hunter or not, but lots of time, bird don't just drop right on the spot. Therefore, you can't retrive them...

When i read this kind of trashing post, it makes my blood boil.. The guy who shot those mergansers did nothing wrong.. 1. Its 100% legal, 2. They followed the regulation, hunting on a non-power boat, keep what they retrives. And they even got an OK from the CO.. I will support "the chosen one" actions' all the way.. Hell, i might even do a drift just for shooting mergansers, leave those fishing rods behind.. F^(& you all..

By the way ...I have no problem hunting the ducks but I sneak around right beside those bloody birds in the bushy shoreline dressed in camo style clothing to get to alot of the river....!!! not to mention all the hikers there...just doesn't seem like the safest of areas to be blasting ducks....anyhow ..heres hoping you guys are great shots!!!.

This is friggin hilarious!!Go get em Chosen and take all the predator cutts and browns out too??Gettin busy on the flow be careful boys!!Anybody heard these rumours the hatchery steelhead program getting axed on the cowie??Time to push back boys we are getting tired of endless fly zones bait bans and god dam horsepower regs!!Stay tuned??

saw 3 boats in a little over an hour on the cow yesterday - didn't see any shotguns though ;) - we gonna put one more out there this week fish-rite?

the rumors are true. FR They have eliminated the hatchery program. No more broodstock. The reason for eliminating it was because the hatchery return was 15 percent of the total return last year and only 3 percent were killed and the rest were released and so now fisheries is taking them out because they put those fish there for a put and take fishery so now they aren't going to do it because most guys are releasing their hatcheries. There were a couple of other factors also but that was the biggest factor.

the rumors are true. FR They have eliminated the hatchery program. No more broodstock. The reason for eliminating it was because the hatchery return was 15 percent of the total return last year and only 3 percent were killed and the rest were released and so now fisheries is taking them out because they put those fish there for a put and take fishery so now they aren't going to do it because most guys are releasing their hatcheries. There were a couple of other factors also but that was the biggest factor.

Chosen sounds like an a bunch of b.s. the ministry guys have come up ith yet again??Joe saysell behind this by any chance??What a crock of ****!Guess that means the steelhead stamps are pretty much useless everywhere except the stamp and vedder now??Sounds pretty fradulent too me no suprise there!lets get too the bottom of this b.s.!there seems to be nobody standing up for the rights of the average drift fishermen?The entire cow system will be fly only soon if we dont stop this crap going on!

Chosen sounds like an a bunch of b.s. the ministry guys have come up ith yet again??Joe saysell behind this by any chance??What a crock of ****!Guess that means the steelhead stamps are pretty much useless everywhere except the stamp and vedder now??Sounds pretty fradulent too me no suprise there!lets get too the bottom of this b.s.!there seems to be nobody standing up for the rights of the average drift fishermen?The entire cow system will be fly only soon if we dont stop this crap going on!

Chosen is this going to be for this year only ?? What happens when there are no more hatchery fish?? Does this mean we get to bonk wild fish, because that's what will happen.. I generally don't keep hatchery fish, but in the past it didn't seem to be a problem. Why now?? They had that creel guy last year, which i thought was great, but now i am not so sure. I'm with FR why buy a steelhead tag, for what..

Chosen is this going to be for this year only ?? What happens when there are no more hatchery fish?? Does this mean we get to bonk wild fish, because that's what will happen.. I generally don't keep hatchery fish, but in the past it didn't seem to be a problem. Why now?? They had that creel guy last year, which i thought was great, but now i am not so sure. I'm with FR why buy a steelhead tag, for what..

Penalized (by removing the few hatchery fish from the river) for not killing them?
There is a logic behind this that escapes me.

Fear of interbreeding between hatchery and wild??

Penalized (by removing the few hatchery fish from the river) for not killing them?
There is a logic behind this that escapes me.

Fear of interbreeding between hatchery and wild??

The c.o. told me the same thing.... I told him I was surprised they are basing this on the creel surveys mainly and the fact that more people were not taking the hatchery fish ..do they not think that people are attracted to the river because of this supplemented fishery....> benefits... tourism...local spending..will the guides be impacted??hmmmm?

The c.o. told me the same thing.... I told him I was surprised they are basing this on the creel surveys mainly and the fact that more people were not taking the hatchery fish ..do they not think that people are attracted to the river because of this supplemented fishery....> benefits... tourism...local spending..will the guides be impacted??hmmmm?

to pay 4 there coffee and pension ofcourse.is this what is goin 2 happen on the sss as well?or so i have heard!

to pay 4 there coffee and pension ofcourse.is this what is goin 2 happen on the sss as well?or so i have heard!

The fisheries logic behind this is because there weren't many steelhead being kept the return numbers would stay close to the same by leaving the 15 does in the river to spawn. Also the numbers will only stay the same if those 15 does spawn in the upper river because there is a 2% egg survival in the lower river. I think that their plan is to cut off the program for 3 years and see what the creel surveys are. The creel survey from last year is what they based their decisions on and also the sent out surveys. They don't think that the fishery will be changed very much because they say the Cowichan is mainly a wild fishery anyway. So guys will still come and fish the river regardless if there are any hatches. I know some guys that have said that they wont talk to the creel guy anymore but i don't know if that would help anything. I'm predicting that this is going to be a good hatchery year also. I already heard of atleast 8 hatchery fish caught.

The fisheries logic behind this is because there weren't many steelhead being kept the return numbers would stay close to the same by leaving the 15 does in the river to spawn. Also the numbers will only stay the same if those 15 does spawn in the upper river because there is a 2% egg survival in the lower river. I think that their plan is to cut off the program for 3 years and see what the creel surveys are. The creel survey from last year is what they based their decisions on and also the sent out surveys. They don't think that the fishery will be changed very much because they say the Cowichan is mainly a wild fishery anyway. So guys will still come and fish the river regardless if there are any hatches. I know some guys that have said that they wont talk to the creel guy anymore but i don't know if that would help anything. I'm predicting that this is going to be a good hatchery year also. I already heard of atleast 8 hatchery fish caught.

Back