What the hell is the matter with people???

Cuba Libre

Being retired I dont usually fish in the salt on the weekend, preferring the less crowded week days. So today I decided to head for the forest lands north of Campbell River to see how the winter had treated the Recreation camping sites.
Generally speaking -- not too bad at all. There were a bunch of campers lightly scattered along the northside of Campbell Lake, enjoying the sun and each others company.

But then the real Pi##-Off. I drove into the Gosling Lake Forest recreation campsite.... The campfires were still burning so I had just missed them.... I could not believe my eyes.. The place looked like a bomb had gone off in the multi unit campsite. Beer bottles and cans, liquor bottles, energy drink containers, food wrappers,and even dinner plates thrown in the lake. Toilet paper and the usual stuff that is associated with TP scattered in one campsite , well-- you get the idea.

From the tire tracks it was a bunch of goons out camping while they tried to destroy thier ATVs.

I just cant believe that these morons can even qualify for a drivers license... I was going to call them "pigs" but that would insult those critters who apparently have the IQ of a 2 yr old. These jerks were not even close to that. I picked up a full garbage bag, but I estimate it would take a crew of 3 at least 1/2 day to repair the damage.. :(

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I wish they would take fingerprints from garbage in these cases, and slam these guys with huge fines. Still, they probably wouldn't get it....:(

Catch and release -- into my frying pan.

its sad to see but its just how some canadians are. when i was in new zealand last month i fished rivers that had as much if not more pressure than the stamp. unlike the stamp which is a garbage dump of cig butts, lucky cans and birdsnested line, the fishing comunity in nz seemed to care about the enviorment more. i guess all u can do is your part and not litter

IMG]

Yup it sure is to bad that some cant be bothered to clean up after themselves. Reminds me of this year i picked up a garbage bag worth of trash off the stamp but slipped walking the bank and threw it in the river! The guys fishing across heard me yell f*&^ as a bag of garbage flys into the water! Must have looked like an A hole but its funny looking back.

Got to ask you this....why do people on these forums have to get the HOLIER THAN THOU attitude espescially when they can get to pointing fingers maliciously and the administrators club let it go but when putting a point out there that needs addressing the administrators simply remove topics that need to be addressed.
I innocently put up a picture of my daughter at 3 with her fish on a persons private wharf. that property owner was hammered by phone calls bugging him to give them permission to fish off that wharf....obviously jealouse people who simply had no right to bother this person and the consequence was that now nobody can fish from that wharf and a friendship was lost, thats the sad thing.[B)]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Hootey-- What the hell does this have to do with my post? "Holier than tho" ??????

What would you have done??? Nothing, I guess. I picked up a pile of crap and got the mess posted in the local paper.... Holier than thou????
This past Sat. the Courtenay F&G Club cleaned up the logging road leading to the club. Using a lot of manpower, a dumptruck and a backhoe 600kg of garbage was picked up and taken to the dump, where it should have gone to begin with. A totally of 66 people showed up for this cleanup.... guess they are just a bunch of idiots too in your mind..... I hope you are not teaching that little daughter your misguided attitude.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

What the hell is the matter with people.....[?]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

[:0]

quote:Originally posted by HOOTEY

What the hell is the matter with people.....[?]

X2, Hey Hootey, I think your being misunderstood,with these forums its easy to misinterpret one another.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

That's what can happen when you have ESL....just kidding Hootey, I couldn't resist. Some guys on here just like to rile people up....I guess that's their form of fun.

Yeah,and they dont realise :Dhow SENSITIVE I really am....:D

Posting strong opinions and photos of one's self holding fish in precarious positions is best left for the leathery skinned, Mr. Hootey. :D

But keep posting, it's entertaining. [8D]

And another anonymous critic chimes in......[^]

wow is that a threat to the good folks on here

everyone seems to know everyone, for the most part, especially the major contributers are know

hootey i like most of what u have to say, but sometimes u just are interesting to say it politely[:I], but that is why i love the freshwater section
some people are actually trying to help u hootey;)

thanks,just wanted to show my sensitive side....:D

http://vimeo.com/11129261

It's all us to us, can't we just get along for the salmon....its all about all of our recreation for the future.

hey hootry i woke up on april 23rd in port mcneil and headed out to fish the clux and along the way i spotted 100 people carrying protest signs and now i know why thanx... that was a great video

IMG]

Back