What replacement keel/bow rollers

big.griff

Looking to replace the black rubber keel and bow rollers on my trailer. Noticed that the keel roller has been chewed through to the steel bushing which is now marking up my boat. Have looked online and see that you can get Polyurethane or PVC. Both seem to say they are better and outlast each other. Anyone have experience with both and should I expect a good selection locally in Nanaimo? I think I have seen some at Harbour Chandler but I am not sure which ones they are. Thanks

Last boat, went with the poly bow roller. Much better than the black rubber, and did not mark the boat. Also I would check the height of the supports around the keel roller. My 14' aluminum boat years ago, had a bunk slip and the roller set higher than was good.

The yellow TieDown ones are the best I've found locally, but down south, Stoltz are considered to be the best keel rollers going, because they have an internal metal tube so will not sag. I put a bunch of these under my old Whaler and they are great. Use stainless pins and grease them on install.

I found the Tie Down ones so that's what I bought. They only had zinc plated pin so I will have to look for a stainless one or just get some round stock. I think part of the problem with my original ones was that they were too tight and did not spin very well.

Back