What is it with all these ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that on my laptop, if you are in the Forums section and hit the Home button that it just returns you to the Forum section. The content that was previously available in the Home (non forum) section of the site seems to be no longer available.

Crew members, you should be seeing no ads now. It may take a bit for your browser's cache to clear. If by the weekend Crew members are still seeing ads, please let us know. Thanks again for all your patience while we muddle around to get this right.

Cheers,
Chris

I have noticed that on my laptop, if you are in the Forums section and hit the Home button that it just returns you to the Forum section. The content that was previously available in the Home (non forum) section of the site seems to be no longer available.
Yes, we'll be fixing this as well. This Home page content is run using different software which I'll be working on this weekend.

G'morning all. We've had to adjust the Google ads to fix some formatting issues that were visible on Android phones. These were changes from "fixed" sized ads to "responsive" ads (that respond to the size of the display). This seems to have cured the phone issue but resulted in new full-sized ads in desktop computer view. We'll continue to monitor this moving forward. Crew members will continue to see no ads. As I mentioned above, getting our crew member signup form working is a priority for today.

We're also trying to keep the ads as relevant as possible—to fishing, camping, hunting, general outdoors, truck / boat / atv sales, etc. and blocking ads for Russian brides, online pharmacies and the like. As you probably know by now, what you actually search for in Google will have a bearing on the ads you see on this site. This also helps contribute to you seeing only relevant ads. This will take some time to get right but it is important to us.

You can pay 60$ and not see the ads ..lol

Peanuts for the amount of helpful information a person can gather on here if you choose and cheaper than a cup of coffee a day for two months.

Not trying to be a dick here but,, these places don’t operate for free tinboatrobb, it costs these people money to run it I’m not sure why thats so hard to comprehend. Why is it you expect to get this service for nothing. If it’s important to you help out and contribute if it’s not suck it up and look at a few adds. But please quit with the whining.

I was already a crew member. I had the adds for a day then they disappeared. I figured I use the site most days. I wanted to contribute for the service. At 17 cents a day it’s cheap. And now, it also pays for me to not have adds. Great deal.
I’m not a fan of the new format at all but whatever. It’s the new normal and I’m sure I’ll let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back