What is it with all these ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be different for different browsers. Im using Firefox and see no more adds than before the update.

Wouldn't mind the adds if they were put in all the areas BUT THE fish reporting areas, that way we wouldn't get bombarded, I understand it costs to run a site but something should be offered as an alternative. I don't watch tv anymore because of the commercials and this was one of my alternatives , its just about a mater of time until something else is found if this continues, sorry !

I think I'm missing something. I'm using android and i see 3 ads on each page spaced out. Doesn't bother me at all, never gets in my way and if it generates revenue to keep the forum open, Im happy with that. I wonder if it's device specific?

I think I'm missing something. I'm using android and i see 3 ads on each page spaced out. Doesn't bother me at all, never gets in my way and if it generates revenue to keep the forum open, Im happy with that. I wonder if it's device specific?
Same with my iphone or iPad, I don’t find it bad at all. But I’m relatively new and people hate change. And are usually happy to have things to gripe about!

Same with my iphone or iPad, I don’t find it bad at all. But I’m relatively new and people hate change. And are usually happy to have things to gripe about!
Prior to the change I just found it way more uncluttered and now my windows 7 computer cant even keep up , not by any means happy to gripe as fishing is all I'm concerned with.

Prior to the change I just found it way more uncluttered and now my windows 7 computer cant even keep up , not by any means happy to gripe as fishing is all I'm concerned with.
Seems like pc users are the hardest hit. Maybe admin has control over that, maybe not. I have built many websites for people in the past and I will say, most website programs, forums, themes etc are accommodating to mobile devices with pc users losing out

Last edited:
Seems like pc users are the hardest hit. Maybe admin has control over that, maybe not. I have built many websites for people in the past and I will say, most website programs, forums, tgemes etc are accommodating to mobile devices with pc users losing out
That's to bad , did enjoy posting, but hope you all enjoy your adds

In my mind I think this is no longer just a forum of people passionate about boating and fishing getting together - by being here we are now supporting a for profit venture - in the famous Seinfeld quote "not that there is anything wrong with that". It just is what it is.
hosting fees, domain registration - I have a hard time seeing how the programs already in place are not "keeping the lights on".
I am no expert on this, so please educate me if I am wrong.

Again, pay the $5.00 per month.
choose one:
-It’s a fancy coffee from Starbucks
-It’s a half of a pack of anchovies
-It’s a coho killer in the sale bin at Trotac
-it’s 1/20th of what I’m going to be paying @Aces because the Maple Leafs suck.
-it’s 3 litres of gas which in a V8 truck is about 15km of driving.
if I told you for the price of driving 15km you can have a month of ad free SFBC forum?

Just get the dang membership already.

choose one:
if I told you for the price of driving 15km you can have a month of ad free SFBC forum?

It’s not that easy. You can’t even sign up to be a crew member right now

Windows 7 is your problem too. Ads or no ads, with the way websites are designed now an 11 yr old operating system is going to be causing the bulk of your problems when you're computer "can't keep up".

Much like you're Windows 7 computer......forums and websites need to evolve and change.

Windows 7 is your problem too. Ads or no ads, with the way websites are designed now an 11 yr old operating system is going to be causing the bulk of your problems when you're computer "can't keep up".

Much like you're Windows 7 computer......forums and websites need to evolve and change.
True I guess ........ but I'm a dinosaur now and figure I'll just go fishing the way I always have and take the money for a new computer I should be buying and...... buy more fishing gear ! Have fun on those new computers , sea ya all on the water maybe

Win 7 with Firefox and a few add-ons works just fine keeping things uncluttered. The new forum format is a bit different but the Windows version isn't responsible for the clutter.

choose one:

Calm down now Stizz, lol
I would have to drive 3 hours for the nearest Starbucks - city folk :rolleyes:
All I meant to bring across is that when the administrators say this is done "to keep the lights on", I have my doubts. I'd rather see it called what I believe it really is - optimizing revenue generation from a large membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back