What Happens When You Hold a Bass

Interesting read and a good reminder that when handling a fish that is going to be release IT HAS NEVER IN ITS LIFE EXPERIENCED GRAVITY LIKE IT WILL WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT OF THE WATER. I look at it more like fish are creatures that live in Zero gravity.

Since this is about bass ... in BC how else are you going to get a good enough grip to chuck these invasive species up into the bushes where they belong if not grabbing them by the jaw?

Cheers!

Ukee
Ha ha Ukee, I know you are being a little cheeky here. There are lots of systems where Bass and Trout and in some cases Salmon thrive. Yes we need to keep them out of the Fraser and tribs, but look at the Columbia River system, which reaches up to Osoyoos Lake. The Bass and Trout have co-habited for a long time and now even the Sockeye are in the mix.

Yes being cheeky for sure but just b/c they coexist doesn’t mean we should celebrate invasive spp. Northern pike have shown up in the Columbia system now as well, is that ok? Fishery managers don’t think so and there’s a bounty on them to try to keep them below a critical threshold. Just like pike, Bass belong in their native watersheds, not ours west of the Rockies so I’m very serious when I say the only good invasive species is a dead invasive species!

Cheers!

Ukee

Back