What Do You Eat When You're Out Fishing?

Seafever

For me it's usually packed buns with cheese on them....maybe some cookies or cake....and a large thermos of coffee.

Which tastes really nautical as I'm scarfing stuff down with hands covered in X-10 and herring oil plus fish slime.

Trying to think of something that takes almost zero prep time (that would make THE WIFE happy...)

What do you take?

NO BANANAS!!!! Apples,Pepporoni, sandwiches, and some smoked salmon and crackers.

Indian Candy smoked Salmon............

AND A BANANA!!

You guys are way too superstitious. I have a picture a friend of mine took that has me eating a banana while guests are playing a double header of Tyees, lol.

I have a picture of me spinning a four foot long log into my prop and breaking off two on the flukes while crossing Johnstone Straits. My girlfriend is also in the picture---she's offering me a piece on banana bread she snuck onto my boat without telling me...

I'm all for Indian Candy smoked salmon, though. That's the fuel I put in my tank

If you rub a banana all over your hands.....doesn't that mask the L-Serine human amino that fish find totally offensive?

I have a picture of me and the wifey unwrapping about 100ft of fishing line out of our prop out on the chuck.......and neither of us had eaten a banana for a month before that or on that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes(w/garlic), carrots, and cream corn...

And a salad.....

What...
emo-coffee.gif

Or a lasagna... They're good too

One of the Lumberjack subs from Safeway will last a guy a couple days.. ;)

I like to have my fishing lunches catered.. if not I have one of my charges plan a proper soire :p

beer & chips, Lucky or Rainier
doesn't matter about the chips.... :D

Thank Christ another Lucky drinker. I like your menu r.s.:cool:.

We usually pack the above (I'm limited to one or two being the skipper and usually don't have any until we hit port). I like to make LOTS of simple sandwiches like cold cuts and cheese on a bun etc. No tomato (makes your sandwiches soggy) and sometimes lettuce (I know rabbit food). We usually pack some smoked salmon or venison pepperoni as well. Buddies always have some different stuff like hard boiled quail eggs, pickled chicken hearts, and what have you. Makes for some interesting eats for sure:D.

Cheers,
John

Thank Christ another Lucky drinker. I like your menu r.s.:cool:.

We usually pack the above (I'm limited to one or two being the skipper and usually don't have any until we hit port). I like to make LOTS of simple sandwiches like cold cuts and cheese on a bun etc. No tomato (makes your sandwiches soggy) and sometimes lettuce (I know rabbit food). We usually pack some smoked salmon or venison pepperoni as well. Buddies always have some different stuff like hard boiled quail eggs, pickled chicken hearts, and what have you. Makes for some interesting eats for sure:D.

Cheers,
John

Pre-cut the tomatoes and store them in one of those hard ziplock containers. Gotta have tomatoes on your samie.

Pre-cut the tomatoes and store them in one of those hard ziplock containers. Gotta have tomatoes on your samie.

Good idea tains. I agree with the tomato's on samie's are a must. I love them. I will give that a whirl this year for sure. We usually have a big cooler for food going over the weekend so we can make that work for sure.

I Love to fire up the bbq at 6am after getting set up for the troll and cook some nice bacon and eggs with some greasy toast with cheese. Tastes great and gets the salmon gods working in our favour!

beemer

6 pack of Lucky on board for all VI trips. I don't drink the swill, I just have it on board for good luck. Eventually my freeloading friends will consume it. I'll stick with a nice Stella or a Rickards Red.

I Love to fire up the bbq at 6am after getting set up for the troll and cook some nice bacon and eggs with some greasy toast with cheese. Tastes great and gets the salmon gods working in our favour!

beemer

20146740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back