What do you do?

Drive a front end loader for a national waste company with the way people produce waste I should be busy for the next thirty years I heard we might get the oak bay marine group as customer looking forward to servicing painters and April point lodges Might get to meet tyeefisher any one who has read the other sites forum knows his knowledge of our waters is priceless

GabriolaJohn

No worries..i know its not pretty..but my new scotty's ,vhf,Lowrance sounder,LowranceGPS and brutus plus 40 are helping its looks on the inside. :cool:
It needs a stern sticker that says:
"My other boat is a Grady" BTW no insult to have an old K&C. They used to be one of the standards of the recreational fleet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Retired now, but went to university in U.K. in the sixties. Great time to be there but I did study a real subject (chemistry) including doing post-graduate work. Fortunately however, saw the future, and switched from that to information technology (I.T.) at a time when there were still only big mainframe computers in A/C rooms and PCs and the Internet was far down the road. Worked for a number of public and private organisations in UK and Canada putting in computer information systems over the next 34 years, riding the technology wave. Roles were systems analyst, designer, package software selection, project manager, technology infrastructure manager, technical architect and consultant.
Fished sporadically in between working hard and raising a family and only bought a boat three years ago. Still learning that kind of fishing. Some of you may have seen my posts on the ocean trolling learning curve and this article.
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/fishtales.html#6

tax. risk analysis. project management. interjurisdictional committees. That is why I go crazy if I don't fish very regularly.
I do have a long background of doing "whatever it takes" while I went to school for many years at night. Construction, roofing, masonry, waterproofing drainage, restaurants, farm labour, driver, etc etc, etc, tax accountant.

Own a small civil engineering firm in Nanaimo providing engineering and construction services for municipal infrastructure, land development, heavy civil and industrial construction projects.

And in my spare time I make fishing lures.

Own a small civil engineering firm in Nanaimo providing engineering and construction services for municipal infrastructure, land development, heavy civil and industrial construction projects.

And in my spare time I make fishing lures.

from the looks of your website these days, you need to find yourself more spare time! :)

Out of work semi-retired Gigolo. If you have any leads let me know-I could use the boat gas money. LOL

Haul truck operator trainer, Keyano College. Also have red seal interprovincial welding ticket with "B" pressure cert.

Business Consultant for a large professional services firm. Focus in IT, specifically system integration.

I also run a nonprofit organization that is focused on getting kids involved in sports who's families may not be able to afford it. last year we gave over 25k to KidSport Victoria. we work closely with the NHLPA and run a hockey camp with local NHLers

One yr from 30 and hoping to start my own company in the next 5 years

I also just started a new full time position 4 months ago as a Dad;)

Really cool to see the skills on this forum.

Back