What do you do?

I'm a steamfitter/pipefitter and work at the University of British Columbia.

Mike

Spent 15 seasons guiding between Rivers Inlet and Haida Gwaii, now a Public Works Labourer for the City of Powell River

HookTender, It would be great to see more updates from you on Nootka during the season. With that much time in Nootka you've gotta be one of the most tenured guides there. Is that a Pursuit you're operating?

Retired shiftless oaf prone to spending too much time on the computer and going on mindless rants whenever company shows up.....

Great thread idea! 23rd season coming up fish guiding Nootka/Essperanza by summer and Heli logging off and on during rest of season. Real cool job that takes me hunting and fishing all over our province.

That heli logging sounds like a fun way to explore the province.

23 yrs is a long time to be a guide. I thought i was the only long timer around. This will be my 30th yr of guiding......26th in Tofino

Superintendent for commercial glazing contractor , put windows in big buildings when not in the boat ,working can be a real pane sometimes

That heli logging sounds like a fun way to explore the province.

23 yrs is a long time to be a guide. I thought i was the only long timer around. This will be my 30th yr of guiding......26th in Tofino

Hats of to that! Wow 30 years.

been working on a farm in delta for 18 years we farm 1400 acres. run a fish packer boats in the fraser river in the summer. and also run excavator for a excavating company on the south fraser perimeter road

Have my own company on the island, doing Industrial Automation, CNC service and retrofits, custom electronics .. got the worst boss who won't let me go fishing enough to keep myself sane ... ohhh...

I used to work in the tackle field years ago part time while I ran an automotive repair facility and a multi brand motorcycle dealership. Left that to persue more education and expirience in the medical field and the into microelectronics after that. Also studied law, criminal and business.

Got here and found out none of my certifications had any transferable value so I went back to where I started: fishing tackle.

Aside from Pirates Den, I also still work on the occassional auto but also landscaping and heavy equipment repair. Evenings are spent drafting new product designs and marketing.

This is a really cool thread.

I am self employed, selling recycling equipment.

jpolsen.com

Wow some of you's have a amazing Jobs, i drive water & Vacuum trucks in Alberta, Also a certified stiff boom crane operator (40 tons) BC & Yukon, just bought my first salmon fishin boat and it fugly as sin but i gotta start somewhere, cant be a parachute fisherman forever! Still try to find a name for the ole 16.5 foot KNC , feel free to give idea's for this boat name View attachment 6953 View attachment 6954View attachment 6955
you know there's nothing like boating up to ramp in this boat with about the same amount or more fish than a guy who spent 30 or 40 grand plus twice as much on fuel it is a sick satisfaction hose it and put it away

you know there's nothing like boating up to ramp in this boat with about the same amount or more fish than a guy who spent 30 or 40 grand plus twice as much on fuel it is a sick satisfaction hose it and put it away

"UgTug" Not an insult just a great name.

"UgTug" Not an insult just a great name.
GabriolaJohn

No worries..i know its not pretty..but my new scotty's ,vhf,Lowrance sounder,LowranceGPS and brutus plus 40 are helping its looks on the inside. :cool:

Self employed residential contractor & energy advisor in Victoria. Do everything from kitchens, bathrooms, basement suites, decks and fences, energy upgrades, energy efficient design, EnerGuide for new homes, Energy Star for new homes.

I am another one of those lazy shiftless sorts, I have been a fishing guide, mostly out of the Campbell River area for 43 summers including this one we are just starting. My first full summer was 1970 but I started as a wharf rat in August 1967.

I am another one of those lazy shiftless sorts, I have been a fishing guide, mostly out of the Campbell River area for 43 summers including this one we are just starting. My first full summer was 1970 but I started as a wharf rat in August 1967.

Wow that's a long time guiding. Bet you have seen your fair share of stuff out on the water.

Back