What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Looks great @walleyes, nice and clean. Looks like you could fit another slot in between and up the capacity to 52 flashers!

I did something similar with some left over HDPE to make a rack that fits in one of my tackle drawers.

Also, you've haven't arranged the flashers by colour??? tsk, tsk.

View attachment 58684
That's what my drawer looks like too. Only I have a huge stack of blue's in there and a decent stack of Betsy's :)

I finally put another tarp over my boat to weather proof it. I fired up the motors to make sure they run Cleaned it out.

It didn’t get much attention recently as we bought a condo, renovated it, snd then rented it out all within a few weeks.

Hopefully will get out to fish someday soon.

Would like to get it to a shop for a mechanic to go over both motors. They could use a tune up/go over. Anyone recommend a mobile marine mechanic in Nanaimo?

Did my annual oil change on both engines. 8 filters and 22 litres of oil. Volvo mounts the oil filter upside down so that it drains when the engine shuts down.
Sure makes changing them easier. Don't spill a drop. The oil extractor I have is fantastic too. Suck the oil out though the dipstick. No mess and easy to dispose of. I use it for my kicker and lawnmowers as well.
IMG_2283 (Medium).jpeg

I finally put another tarp over my boat to weather proof it. I fired up the motors to make sure they run Cleaned it out.

It didn’t get much attention recently as we bought a condo, renovated it, snd then rented it out all within a few weeks.

Hopefully will get out to fish someday soon.

Would like to get it to a shop for a mechanic to go over both motors. They could use a tune up/go over. Anyone recommend a mobile marine mechanic in Nanaimo?
Sent you a pm

It worked!
Although I’m not good with change, especially technologically, that’s a game changer!

Did my annual oil change on both engines. 8 filters and 22 litres of oil. Volvo mounts the oil filter upside down so that it drains when the engine shuts down.
Sure makes changing them easier. Don't spill a drop. The oil extractor I have is fantastic too. Suck the oil out though the dipstick. No mess and easy to dispose of. I use it for my kicker and lawnmowers as well.
View attachment 58715
What's the brand of your oil extractor? Need a new one...

Got a couple more things off the list.

Mounted a stainless vertical rod holder to the outside of the cabin for nets.
50617515018_d6b9f002fd_b.jpg

As the cabin is at a slight angle when the holder sat against the cabin it was tilted in as well this caused anything placed in it to be pushed up tight against the top of the cabin and possibly not allowing certain objects to be placed in properly. I rectified this by placing a strip of HDPE cut at an angle between the cabin and holder mounting bracket. I was going to place this piece in anyway as I didn't want the Stainless in direct contact with the aluminum cab.
50618358212_0f80e30d6e_b.jpg

This holds it pretty much vertical and gives good clearance at the top.
50618357347_ec753856a8_b.jpg

50617515228_5e1689df00_b.jpg

As well I went ahead and mounted a couple more rod holders. A flush mount on each side of the boat behind the riggers for running rods behind the riggers. I did a dry test with the rods and the placement will work good I'm not sure how much I'll use them as I don't like the fact the rods are directly behind you when you are at the rear Helm station and you can't see the tips at all. But they will come in handy for when the water is full of crap, I will be able to run the lines behind the boat.
50618357502_88afa4294c_b.jpg

50617514233_f5b464cab7_b.jpg

Installed a center rod holder, this will be used as the obvious for running a center rod but is also going to serve as my BBQ mount.
50618357702_e572566f58_b.jpg

50618357587_9c6c5edb52_b.jpg

That will probly be it for a few days now.

That stern center rodholder might have a propensity to roll with a rod (or something heavy) in it. You might want to notch out the bracket and mount it at the T.

Beautiful boat btw

That stern center rodholder might have a propensity to roll with a rod (or something heavy) in it. You might want to notch out the bracket and mount it at the T.

Beautiful boat btw
Thanks adv.

Its surprising how tight those things get I would be surprised if it did roll but if it does Scotty has a couple pre drilled holes on the back side of the bracket in line with the railing that you can drill out and run a screw through them. I will see how this goes if need be I will do that. As far as setting it over the T bar lol that would never fly with me as it’s not in the Center of the boat. That bracket is centred on the boat to a 1/16th of an inch. All my brackets and mounts are placed equal to each other to the 1/16” just has to be that way. OCD man.

Last edited:
Id try pulling on a rodholder with your arm, I suspect itll spin easier than you might think. I use the rail mounts on my guide boat and they tend to spin even under mild pressure from trolling if you dont mount them at a T. A screw through the rail would work as well but then youre drilling holes in your nice stern rails, which will let moisture in over time. I understand the OCD, im the same way about my boats.

Id try pulling on a rodholder with your arm, I suspect itll spin easier than you might think. I use the rail mounts on my guide boat and they tend to spin even under mild pressure from trolling if you dont mount them at a T. A screw through the rail would work as well but then youre drilling holes in your nice stern rails, which will let moisture in over time. I understand the OCD, im the same way about my boats.
Appreciate the advice adv, will keep an eye on it.

I have tried to tighten these rail mount holders every which way for a net holder mount. 1 lost and another almost lost net taught me finally only the sunken in set screws secure them enough to take any torque.

Back