What can WE do to help save the salmon?

Sweet..... absolon signed up. A guy isn't smart enough to change user names

Forget holmes* and the troll spay.... Look for a shovel, there's a lot of chit about to be dumped. If he sticks around....
emo-coffee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Lippy, small font aside, why would I pretend to be someone else?

No need to circle the wagons; it was a polite and honest question on a subject that has puzzled me for some time.

Sweet..... absolon signed up. A guy isn't smart enough to change user names

Forget holmes* and the troll spay.... Look for a shovel, there's a lot of chit about to be dumped. If he sticks around....
emo-coffee.gif

Sorry Lipripper I hope he moves on and goes back to his fish feed lot friends as we sure don't need him around here.
hey absolwrong look over here... get lost boy
trollspray.jpg

Lippy, small font aside, why would I pretend to be someone else?

I can respect that...

I look forward to good discussion... Feel free to throw your two bits in.

Common GLG the troll spray is like an antibiotic... After a while it doesn't work anymore...

We need a new Sockeyefry

Holy crap... I would have never pictured him as that ugly......

Life is good points just got a +1

Sorry Lipripper I hope he moves on and goes back to his fish feed lot friends as we sure don't need him around here.
hey absolwrong look over here... get lost boy
trollspray.jpg

Nothing like a good conversation among adults.................

You count yourself as an adult..... your a troll...

Give the guy his piece...

A one sided discussion goes nowhere.....

It'll be fun :D

I've wondered about this ever since you worked so hard to take salmon farms away from provincial control and insisted DFO must be responsible. I have never been able to find an explanation for why you did so. Perhaps you could explain now, particularly in light of the quoted statement?
IMHO... That seems like a reasonable question. What am I missing? :confused:

absolon knows the answer and just want's to stir things up here. (troll)
He might even be a paid rep of the fish feed lots.
I have read a few of his post on other sites and it's clear how he rolls.
He's now ruined a perfectly good thread with his tactics.

For those that don't know the answer here is how I see it.

People bring complaints, about how the fish feed lots are killing the wild salmon, to DFO.
DFO say's that's not our problem go to the provincial government they control fish feed lots.
BC gov say's wild salmon, well that's DFO's responsibility go talk to them.
And so the problems just get bounced between them with no one taking responsibility.

Now the courts say fish feed lots are the federal governments responsibility.
Now we have one place that has to answer to problems this industry creates.
They can no longer play the duck and roll game.

At some point in time things will change and I do hope the Cohen Inquire report gives us a clear target.
Something that we can work with to bring back the wild salmon.

As for absolon he can start a new thread, if he dares, and others can read it for the entertainment value.

GLG

Start a new thread then! Lorne

Precisely, Lorne & GLG! Because:
Absolon contributes exactly nothing to a discussion thread around "What can WE do to help save the salmon."

He's a distraction attempting to divert our energy and committment from the work that needs to be done through his feeble attempt to undermine the credibility of ... Dr. Alexandra Morton ??? His is a specious gambit lacking any positive intention. Why not, and quite rightly, question the provincial Socred led, gold-rush mentality of years gone by, that allowed the irresponsible issuing of questionable open net pen licenses in the first place? DFO looked squeaky clean in contrast to that corruption. Jeez, I'm old - I can remember some of that. People that can't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. -G. Satayana The new gold rush is in the ROR power developments - fish and ecosystems lose once again.

If there is a credibility issue it lies with absolon. What is his angle (because I'm certain it's not just idle curiosity)? He can work his negative agenda on another thread as you have suggested, Lorne & GLG - and preferably go to work on another board. There must be one for lawyers, politicians, lobbyists and other bottom feeders - I'll retract that. It's unfair to halibut! :D

absolon knows the answer and just want's to stir things up here. (troll)
He might even be a paid rep of the fish feed lots.
As for absolon he can start a new thread, if he dares, and others can read it for the entertainment value.
GLG

It would be such a mature, adult thing to do if absolon stood up in a public meeting and openly debated with Dr. Morton. He has three opportunities coming up. My guess - instead, he'll be a no-show and continue from anonymity because he's a _______. Absolon - please douche the sand out and prove me wrong!

Couple of points.

First, my question doesn't arise from idle curiosity. It is a result of quite active and thoughtful curiosity.

Second, my question to Ms. Morton is in this thread because the comment I'm questioning was made by Ms. Morton in this thread. It seems quite reasonable to me that this is the appropriate place to present it. There don't seem to be any complaints about the sidetrack to "sockeyefry" and what he looks like. My question is certainly much closer to the subject than that.

Third, my question was addressed to Ms. Morton and not any of my new-found friends because it is her answer that I would like to hear, not speculation on what her motivation might have been by folks who in spite of their certainty to the contrary, really don't have a clue what she was thinking.

What would really be constructive and informative outcome is a response from Ms. Morton elucidating her reasons for her actions. What isn't a constructive and informative outcome is a bunch of you deciding to sidetrack the discussion and turn this into a personal attack. I've followed some of the discussions here and have a pretty good idea of what to expect from you. Consequently, I'm not offended. I am, however, hoping Ms. Morton is tired of pursuing the low hanging fruit and will respond to someone who has given the matter a little more informed consideration.

Back