What can WE do to help save the salmon?

no point in getting personal foxy. I was repeating numbers from one of the representitives I have emailed him again this morning for clarification and if I am mistaken in the math I will post it.

Please be accountable. You know the truth and then ignore it. Blaming an unreliable source is simply unacceptable. I'll be waiting for your retractions and apologies on the dozens of sites where you have knowingly posted your B.S.

Deliberately propagating misinformation is irresponsible, at best. When you attempt to deceive others to further your own ambitions, at the expense of sport fishers - like me - I will take it personally.

Thank you fish4 I appreciate your donation.

The Nanaimo hatchery has just release a lot of pinks into the system. I'm learning a bit about how their whole system works and the Millstone River side channel is apparently working great. I want to help out more locally if I can in the future. We just replaced a ladder on one of the docks that the hatchery uses. The ladder was not removable and got torn off during one of the winter storms. We donated a nice galvanized removable ladder to take it's place. Little thing's like this all add's up in the end with the whole program. I will keep it up if I can.

Sorry Dave S for the butt hat that keeps hijacking this thread. He is paid to be here to ruffle our feathers between ourselves and we just have to deal with it however we can.

Cheers,
John

Good work John! Nice donation too! I hope you have a great season man.

I live right beside the CAT stream here in Nanaimo,and will inquire about planting coho eggs w/ those Scotty incubation box's.The creek is perfect for it I believe.Anyone have any connections with the Nanaimo hatchery people..who to contact.???????

Hope this works out for you and the salmonids wildwest. Thanks!

The donations for Alex are mounting. Evey little bit counts. Be nice to see some more of the people who make their living off these fish step up.......

Oak Bay marine Group?

The donations for Alex are mounting. Evey little bit counts. Be nice to see some more of the people who make their living off these fish step up.......

Hey Martin:
You folks are heavy-hitters in the rec. marine industry. How about something nice for Alex's research??? Pls. let us know. We love your letters.
We'd appreciate you even more!!! ;)

Martin puts alot of time and effort into the battle to keep sport fishing alive just because he dont jump to take money out of his pocket shouldnt surprise you. Most people cant just take money out of a multi business coffers either.

It seems to be the same dozen people posting in these threads and I hope are reaching alot others. Even talking to fisherman ive ment around they seem so oblivious to everything its weird. Educating ourselves and others and wether we give time or money or education is important.

That shot wasn't at martin or any one individual. Sorry if it was interpreted that way. I am a bit frustrated with the folks who seem to have a big mouth when it comes to allocation, and not much to add when it comes to conversation.. we remove these farms, we improve habitat, allocation fixes itself

Last edited by a moderator:
the way there building these subdivisions and all the logging roads that are getting built across streams and debris habitat is getting to be a major. Im looking at joining up with a stream cleaning group and seeing what going on there. I do alot of backroading and see alot of stream blockages due to slit and tree washed down rivers. Luckily the price of pulp has gone back up so crews are being more carful with the not so prime stuff that might just get pushed to the side. I still think we need the allocation fight tho but these things are not going to happen over night and once these allocation numbers are inplace they seem to be very hard to budge. We need people on all fronts.

Back