What boat checks all these boxes

Was just about to post the same one as above. Sorry the first one didn't work out, maybe this one is better.

You're likely gonna get a bit of information overload but at my marina in Wvan, and 'sister marina in poco' , there are some posibilities:

http://www.thunderbirdmarine.com/boat-info.php?ID=2432

ID 4179 - a 2003 Meridian 34 ( diesel) looks nice however you may not like the flybridge extending over most of the cockpit
ID 4168 - a Blackfin ( diesel) that looks in good condition but only 29'
ID 3568 - I quite like this Tiara 36 (Pursuit) but gas

edit - forgot you wanted dual steering stations so that eliminates the Meridian and Blackfin I think

The ID 4184 would be more what I'd want but not the set up you are looking for; a 2004 3070 pursuit

Last edited by a moderator:
another local Bayliner 3388 with no rear hardtop to get in the way:cool:
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/4896261988.html

Went to see this one yesterday. Very nice condition. Has some nice upgrades.

While at the marina, saw an older variant of this boat called a 3288 with a unique kicker arrangement. Owner had cut a notch out of the swimstep near the transom and had the kicker attached to a sliding rail system attached to the transom. The engine slid up and down the rail to lower it into the water while allowing it to be directly attached to the transom. Never seen an arrangement quite like this before. The motor didn't pivot like a Garelick bracket, but slid up and down.

Nice advantage of this design is that the kicker doesn't hang off the end of the swimstep several feet and has a stronger mounting point on the transom.

Sounds like a variation of an outboard jacking plate?

Accepted offer in hand on that one. Survey routine starts on Thursday.
Looked like a real nice unit, keep us posted 7, hope this one works out better thn the last.
did you sea trial yet? any issues?

Any luck on finding a new rig? Did you purchase the bayliner?

Yes I did. Hull survey was clean. A few minor mechanicals we are working on now. Needed two raw water pumps and new engine mounts.

getting her ready to fish.

image.jpg

Nice rig! Thanks for posting. I'm considering upgrading to a 288 like your old one so curious how the 2 foot-itis Plays out. Lol

Nice job Terry!
Glad it worked out for you, very nice rig, should keep you and the family happy for many years.
would be nice to see some more pictures of her, once your done fishying her up;)
Tim

Nice rig! Thanks for posting. I'm considering upgrading to a 288 like your old one so curious how the 2 foot-itis Plays out. Lol

thanks guys. If you ever want to talk about the 288/2858 drop me a line. I know every inch of the boat. They are great rigs with a few quirks like any boat.

Congrats Terry. Looks like a reel nice rig for the family. Your going to love twin diesels.
Is that at Crescent Beach Marina?

Nice boat TenMile. Going to be a great family / fishing machine. an uncle bought a similar boat last year and loves it. I was pretty interested in a boat like that also for quite a few years. there is alot of value to those boats. they are built pretty good these days. and hard to beat the comfort.

Back