What a Disgrace !!

Aces

I just got back from our area SFAB meeting for the Ucluelet/Tofino areas - 23/123 & 24/124 at the Canadian Princess resort in Ucluelet.

What a pitiful turnout .......... 6 guides from Tofino and ZERO from Ucluelet.

Talk about apathy ! I wonder why i bother contributing to the process - nothing has changed in the 20 yrs i have been going to these meetings. No wonder the commercial lobby is kicking our a$$es.

On a positive note all of the Tofino guides that attended are joining the West Coast Fishing Guide's Assn

thanks for the vent.

Good on ya for going Shawn. I guess it can be deflating but its more a product of population ratios I think. Sometimes here in Vic we 50 or 60 guys out for an area with over 300,000 living in it.

Spread the word; our pastime is under attack by a tsunami of ineptitude's flowing from Ottawa and we need to save it for our kids.

Thanks Shawn for being a spark plug for the West Coast Fishing Guide's Association. We are growing in size, and the ability to stand up and speak with one voice. Side note, the SFAC process in Port Alberni was well attended. I couldn't make the meeting, but was told DFO asked the recreational sector to support the new Experi"mental" halibut license - they got told in no uncertain terms to stick that where the sun don't shine.

Thanks Shawn for being a spark plug for the West Coast Fishing Guide's Association. We are growing in size, and the ability to stand up and speak with one voice. Side note, the SFAC process in Port Alberni was well attended. I couldn't make the meeting, but was told DFO asked the recreational sector to support the new Experi"mental" halibut license - they got told in no uncertain terms to stick that where the sun don't shine.

Yup we also told Brad to tell his bosses to stick it where the sun don't shine and he had no problem with that. ha ha

Yah Shawn we had about that number at our last Area 14 back in the Fall also, pretty sad turnout. Especailly when the meeting was partly open floor discussion and they were open to opinions about important local concerns.

Back