Weton Lake any info

Dragginbait

I just heard about Weston Lake on Saltspring and couldn't find anything with a search, so I was looking for any info about it and if anyone has been there lately. Thanks in advance.

Small lake = easier to fish. Some fair sized trout in there. I have had my greatest success fishing the far side along the steep drop offs. Back in the 90's MOE dropped quite a few excess steelhead smolts in the lake as they also did with St. Mary and Elk/Beaver in Victoria. You would know when you had one as they would hit and scream out a bunch of line, silver torpedoes as we called em. I only fished flies but my buddies did well with small spinners and spoons. I stuck with the lower island standard flies but with the seemingly extra large population of dragonflies in that lake......... If you get over there research Blackburn Lake before you go. Its a great warm up lake to start with and even better if you have kids with you.

http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/fidq/bath_images/pdf/00297601.pdf

Thanks Red. If we head over there we want to hit up a couple of lakes on an overnighter and end up at Cusheon or St. Marys.

Back