Westport WA August 23, 24, 25 Albacore Report

I have a charter with All Rivers out of Westport, set for tomorrow morning. The wind doesn't look to bad so it should be a go. Very stoked for my first tuna trip.
Im on a camping trip down the Washington/ Oregon Coast f0r two weeks and managed to convince the wife that the official starting point of such a trip is Westport, WA and since we were there anyways, it would be a shame if I didn't get offshore for tuna.
I will post tomorrow night and let you know how it went.
IMG_2132.jpeg

I have a charter with All Rivers out of Westport, set for tomorrow morning. The wind doesn't look to bad so it should be a go. Very stoked for my first tuna trip.
Im on a camping trip down the Washington/ Oregon Coast f0r two weeks and managed to convince the wife that the official starting point of such a trip is Westport, WA and since we were there anyways, it would be a shame if I didn't get offshore for tuna.
I will post tomorrow night and let you know how it went.
View attachment 40393
Good luck! Fishing has been hit it miss but if there are tuna to be found those guys will put you on them.

Well, fishing was definitely a miss today out of Westport.
Reports were that Saturday had been very good. No boats fished on Sunday due to a storm that rolled through and today looked promising. Alas, the fish had other plans. All 4 All Rivers boats headed out with the fleet this morning. Optimism turned to frustration turned to incredulity as despite the fleet covering a very wide range of ocean - there were over 20 boats in radio contact with each other, it turned into a very tough day for tuna. All 4 All Rivers boats were skunked along with pretty much the entire fleet. We heard of one boat getting one and another boat getting two.
There were a lot of "this is the worst day I have seen in years" comments coming over the radio. We didn't see birds working, didn't see any jumpers, or get a single bite all day. Obviously, the tuna had decided to move en masse from about 30 miles out where fishing was strong on Saturday to "who knows?"
While I was pretty disappointed to get skunked on my first tuna trip, that's fishing. Very impressed with the All Rivers boats, guides, organization, etc. Beauty day on the water, some great guys that I fished with, and super crew. Despite the skunk, I am already making plans for my next trip.

Well, fishing was definitely a miss today out of Westport.
Reports were that Saturday had been very good. No boats fished on Sunday due to a storm that rolled through and today looked promising. Alas, the fish had other plans. All 4 All Rivers boats headed out with the fleet this morning. Optimism turned to frustration turned to incredulity as despite the fleet covering a very wide range of ocean - there were over 20 boats in radio contact with each other, it turned into a very tough day for tuna. All 4 All Rivers boats were skunked along with pretty much the entire fleet. We heard of one boat getting one and another boat getting two.
There were a lot of "this is the worst day I have seen in years" comments coming over the radio. We didn't see birds working, didn't see any jumpers, or get a single bite all day. Obviously, the tuna had decided to move en masse from about 30 miles out where fishing was strong on Saturday to "who knows?"
While I was pretty disappointed to get skunked on my first tuna trip, that's fishing. Very impressed with the All Rivers boats, guides, organization, etc. Beauty day on the water, some great guys that I fished with, and super crew. Despite the skunk, I am already making plans for my next trip.
Man that is a real bummer. Been a weird year for tuna.

Thanks for reporting. Unfortunate that you didn't get into them but good on ya for planning on taking another kick at the can. Good luck next time!

The season down there was really good in late july and august was on fire from the reports I saw but they've been farther offshore than years past. Hearing from a number of Commi guys they all recommended the first 3 weeks of september as GO TIME for live bait.

I decided to not even attempt this year due to a crazy summer of work and am switching it up and headed to San Diego in a few weeks....giddy up

Back