West Coast Rivers Loaded

good lord those are nice fish! congrats. makes the 25 inch bow i got a month ago look like bait(although i rather suspect those may be steelies)

yeah, that could be arguable....was my 1st time in that paticular lake.......buddy i was with though says he catches them yearround in the lake....if that means anything?

Steelheadman_04
I wouldnt mine seeing those pics to if your showing .

"me and a buddy fished a secret lake instead yesterday morning caught over 10 rainbows none under a pound and half......and 5 of them were over 5 lbs......with one 12lber.......one 13lber......a 9lber and a 7 lber and one 5lber......was a hella of a morning well im out"

Without seeing the pics one can almost guarantee that those "rainbows" are steelhead if the lake has a river coming from it.
That's why there is a regulation of no kill on any "rainbows" over 50 cm in several Island lakes, to protect steelhead, normally summers.
The other place this happens is in the Campbell Lake system when steelhead from the Salmon River get caught in the diversion structure and swept under the guard effectively moving from one watershed to another. They can't drop out of the Campbell Lake system because of the dam so they residualize.
Every now and then somebody catches a big "rainbow" in Lower Campbell, but in fact it's a steelhead.
I don't think any Island lakes support any native rainbow populations featuring lots of fish of the sizes mentioned.

Sounds like a heckuva good days fishing though.

Take care.

holly sh.. those are nice fish .Would love to have one of them on a trout rod.

hell no you dont bonk trout in lakes that are that big, im not a total messup i know what to keep and what to let go, we let all the bigones go.....we kept afew 2lbers.....

I totally agree that trout that big should be put back.And im not trying to take away from your great day, Im not trying to be ignorant or anything but if u didnt kill any big ones why is your buddy holding one straight up and down by the gills?and stuck the 13lber on a scale?all this without harming the fish?

yeah, the buddy was really carefull puttin his hand in it, made sure it was just the gillplate and mouth, didnt touch anygills.......and didnt think itd hurt the fish if weighed it in the net, figured that way would be better than putting the scale hook through its gills...well gunna go fish a lil gem of mine n see if cant get afew steelies....

steelheadman

I tried some creek fishin today. The place I wanted to go was gated off so I went to plan B. Water was almost perfect, rain was comin down, but no fish, not even a sniff.

hey moma ill get them pics to you eventually.....but jist got in a harsh car accident and kinda dazzed and dpnt know weree i am rigt now lol well im goin bed

steelheandman

fished for the 1st time in awhile, fished 1a my lil secrets....went 0-3 pretty crapy odds o well cant get em all well im out till tomororw

steelheadman

Back