Weeks Lake

M

Mongoose

Has anyone fished weeks lake?? Up in the back roads of shawnigan lake area. Ive been there many times but never brought a rod. ive seen a few fish rise there.

I have a buddy who fished there. He says it was great. Lots of fish in the 12" - 15" range. I don't think they get much bigger, but you never know.

When I guided, that was one of my liscenced lakes. All small fish and lots of them. The real charmer though is the portage to the small pond at the back of the lake. It's a short though nasty little hike of no more than a few hundred yards to the pond via the outlet creek. Watch out as alot of the walk is bog. We got very concered once when a guest got stuck up to his chest in mud. All was well and we managed to get him out safely. The little pond is stacked with miniature ranibows that are very eager to smash a cast fly that is quickly retrieved. Full sink type 2-4 and a size 8 black leech with a tap tap tap type of retrive. You cannot miss! I would take newbs there and between us catch and release 100's of fish in an afternoon.

Good luck

Back