WCVI fishing boat

demco99

hey,
my family is looking into a boat for fihsing WCVI.whats the minimum and average size of boats over there? i guess it would depend if your hitting the banks or not eh? this is for out of Tofino. who makes a good boat? grady? proline? where can i find used boats for this purpose? thanks for any help! would probably be heading out mostly in summer months (june-august)

Theres a lot of varriables there Demco, but if its a used boat youre looking for, try "Brant Marine" they handle a lot of used hulls, such as Grady and Proline, and do an awsome job of reconditioning them.
As I said, theres lots of questions to be answered, before deciding on what kind of boat you need, such as where will you be fishing most of the time?? In shore, or 25 miles out?? How many people will you be taking out?? How much money do you want to spend??
Its a fun time boat shopping, but like my Dad always says, "The 2 happiest days of your life are the day you buy a boat, and the day you sell it!!" Good luck...

Theres a lot of varriables there Demco, but if its a used boat youre looking for, try "Brant Marine" they handle a lot of used hulls, such as Grady and Proline, and do an awsome job of reconditioning them.
As I said, theres lots of questions to be answered, before deciding on what kind of boat you need, such as where will you be fishing most of the time?? In shore, or 25 miles out?? How many people will you be taking out?? How much money do you want to spend??
Its a fun time boat shopping, but like my Dad always says, "The 2 happiest days of your life are the day you buy a boat, and the day you sell it!!" Good luck...

The 80's aint that long ago!!!
If you havent been there, you should check them out. I looked at a few boats there recently, and they do a great job on refitting them.

If you havent been there, you should check them out. I looked at a few boats there recently, and they do a great job on refitting them.

If you are only fishing a couple months a year, you may want to keep it simple and just invest in a 18-20 foot double eagle or a welded alluminum. They provide good value and a dry ride, There a solid boat and can still be equiped with radar,Gps and all the goodies. This way your not spending the other ten months of the year maintaining,replacing zincs and slinging a big boat in and out of the chuck. When it gets rough it s still the ***** in a foty footer with the birds in the water. Besides who wants to fish when you cant stand up without a hand wrapped around something, Then it becomes more like work. Just a Thought though. If i could affford someone to do the maintance a ex commercial boat Or a 26 foot Grady would great too. Good Luck. No matter how big you go there's never enough boat. Foot Fever!!!

If you are only fishing a couple months a year, you may want to keep it simple and just invest in a 18-20 foot double eagle or a welded alluminum. They provide good value and a dry ride, There a solid boat and can still be equiped with radar,Gps and all the goodies. This way your not spending the other ten months of the year maintaining,replacing zincs and slinging a big boat in and out of the chuck. When it gets rough it s still the ***** in a foty footer with the birds in the water. Besides who wants to fish when you cant stand up without a hand wrapped around something, Then it becomes more like work. Just a Thought though. If i could affford someone to do the maintance a ex commercial boat Or a 26 foot Grady would great too. Good Luck. No matter how big you go there's never enough boat. Foot Fever!!!

Back