Watch out...

fishin_magician

Was just perusing Vancouver Craigslist and saw a boat for sale which has previously been discussed and listed for sale on Sportfishing BC. It sold in late spring early summer 2016. It has had some "lipstick" applied to it and is now listed for sale at a BIG markup and the ad is full of lies and outright omits the past of the boat. Looks are VERY deceiving.

Caveat Emptor

Buyer Beware everyone!!!

There's another thread advocating "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it"....well, I'm not going to post the exact listing on here, but there's a BIG problem people should know about. If you are thinking on buying a boat on here...just beware...unless you really know what you're doing...watch out.

no point of this thread without the link to help a buyer beware.... theres a point where you gotta wonder when right is right no matter the rules... if I knew something like that I wouldn't think twice about telling peeps

coincidentally I have looked for the for sale thread by the search function. It appears to have been deleted. Shady. Real Shady. I'm sure it'll show up for sale on the forums.

Myself and another few forum members saw the boat get worked on at a local works yard.

A cut polish, bottom paint and hanging a used engine somehow works wonders....

Proline that had a verado. Now has a time bomb yami. Been for sale for awhile. Boat was bought for main power and was put on an aluminum then the old power on the aluminum was put on the pro line. Uncle bob.

Hi FM, firstly my comment re the speak no evil was directed at posts on this site not Craigslist, kijijii, etc.

My comment was basically about guys derriding guys items they had for sale on this forum for no good reason other than personal opinion.

If someone was trying to fraudulently sell known stolen property or a boat that was an insurance write off without disclosing that then that would be a whole different matter. What guys were complaining about was the boo birds chronically coming out of the Internet woodwork to cut down a guys attempted selling price. If the guy is selling stuff on the up and up there's no need for that stuff. If he's trying to do something shady on this forum then I think perhaps a heads up might be in order. It's a fine line though, so you need to be pretty sure if your accusing someone of shady dealings.

Personally, I think any long time member on this forum wouldn't want to deal a lemon or bogus goods on here for fear of the fallout. If someone just registered yesterday and they're trying to flog a high value item, I'd think that would set the old spidy senses to tinglin.

I saw that Proline and found that laughable but it's a different boat I'' actually referring to.

The boat I am mentioning has a 225 verado on it now claimed to be tuned to 325 horses...lol lol lol lol It's on Vancouver Craigslist with a "powdercoated" top and fresh bottompaint.

I had thought about responding to the CL ad with the pics of the state it was in when it arrived in the yard.

What is the past of the boat?

It was dropped off the Transport Truck on the highway if I recall correctly. Ihave a friend who has extensive pics of what this boat is. It "is"what is "was". If I recall correctly it sold for $6500 Canadian some guy in the yard told me.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.JPG
    IMG_1658.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
We're talking two boats here. FM was originally talking about the Grady he posted a link to. SD introduced the Proline to the thread.

Back