Washdown recommendation - 18ft hewescraft

Aridhol

What make/model does everyone recommend for a washdown system?

I would be just spraying the deck down, washing off guts, debris etc... while out and about fishing.
It would be salt water 95% of the time.

I have 2 pumps on my boat, ShurFlo and a Jabsco. One I run fresh water though, the other saltwater. Both are great and as Franko says you can get parts for both. I would just look for at Psi # for what you want to use it for.

Thanks everyone, the Jabsco seems to be the one.
Would you recommend a through hull pickup or throw a hose over the side setup?

Tee'd into my freshwater tank ( never use it). Installed a rv pump and ran a line to the back. Drilled out for a fitting and quick connect. Purchase a coil hose and works wicked. Plus it was cheap. The psi was great and the water is freshwater.

Tee'd into my freshwater tank ( never use it). Installed a rv pump and ran a line to the back. Drilled out for a fitting and quick connect. Purchase a coil hose and works wicked. Plus it was cheap. The psi was great and the water is freshwater.

What kind if RV pump did you use?

Sure- flo on my boat, lots of pressure.

Make sure you have enough GPM and pressure. I would suggest at a minimum 5-6 GPM and a 60 PSI. One of my boats had a 3 GPM Seaflo, 50 PSI and it was almost useless. A friend has a Jabsco 6 GPM, 60 PSI and it works great.

Back