WANTED - used fishing boat 30k budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Chaser

Crew Member
Looking for a while now and most good deals get snapped up fast of course . Hoping you guys could help me . Trying to keep budget around 30k want something safe and reliable as have 2 young kids that want to get out fishing . Campion , double eagle , trophy or anything of that nature with an outboard . Thanks in advance .

Last edited:
JUST wait when the announcement of the new fishing closures come in more boats will come up for sale... wont be long now....

JUST wait when the announcement of the new fishing closures come in more boats will come up for sale... wont be long now....
You hearing something worse than last year? Just booked moorage for April 2nd

I've heard the same thing for the last few years now.I keep a watch on boat sales every day (an addiction) and I can tell you boat sales are strong in the used market.Prices on 10-20 year old boats seem higher than ever.

Just seen a reasonable 18.6 DE yesterday advertised. On CR or used cant remember, also another that needed transom repair. I would wait, after Gov announcement and the minorities get their way I think boat prices will drop and more deals will be available. Already have buddies saying to hell with it.

HM

Yes we will become “pleasure boaters” soon

Hey Jon, I do have a 2000 542 Campion for sale in the next month or so will most likely post it here. It’s in my member photo.

I know where there’s an 18.6 2006 sea swirl striper with a 130 honda on it, it’s pretty nice and has been well maintained by a meticulous guy. Send me a pm if you want a pic and the contact info. 22k is the price.

yeah but we have never had complete area closures before i can only speak for sooke area but last year only boat numbers I saw were the first 3 weeks of August was out one time in mid july dead flat calm incoming flood tide at 10 am me and 1 other boat was there. if you think its smart to spend 30 k on a boat for a few weeks fishing HELL have I got a deal for you.....

You hearing something worse than last year? Just booked moorage for April 2nd

Moorage is required regardless!!! Although mine is on blocks in the driveway. March 15 splashing boat for another year. Hopefully fishing is in the future......but good times will be had regardless. Old knee has been replaced with titanium and the other seven beaches at Hakai are calling my name. Hopefully I get all my holidays approved.

I was taught about ten years ago how to turn a fishing trip into a holiday. No looking back.....24 nights on the boat last August and only fished the last 4 coming home........other than the odd dinner. LOL Still love fishing but boating is just about as much fun. Sort of anyway. We will survive.

Moorage is required regardless!!! Although mine is on blocks in the driveway. March 15 splashing boat for another year. Hopefully fishing is in the future......but good times will be had regardless. Old knee has been replaced with titanium and the other seven beaches at Hakai are calling my name. Hopefully I get all my holidays approved.
No she's moored full time I mean for a trip to the other side!

I was taught about ten years ago how to turn a fishing trip into a holiday. No looking back.....24 nights on the boat last August and only fished the last 4 coming home........other than the odd dinner. LOL Still love fishing but boating is just about as much fun. Sort of anyway. We will survive.
But yes as far as July and August go I could really care less about fishing ALL THE TIME. That's when anchoring up on a sunny private beach and going for a dive off the command bridge takes precedence over all! Dig up some clams for dinner. Onto the next adventure. Cruising is LIFE

The wife keeps talking about the west coast......... but she didn't even want to go out to North pointers at Hakai to try for hali's. Must be like that child-birth short memory thing. Maybe it was a bit foggy. It wasn't that bad. LOL She wanted to go to Alaska at one point until our first crossing of Cape Caution. Who can figure out women anyways.

But yes as far as July and August go I could really care less about fishing ALL THE TIME. That's when anchoring up on a sunny private beach and going for a dive off the command bridge takes precedence over all! Dig up some clams for dinner. Onto the next adventure. Cruising is LIFE

Yup there’s a lot more to being on the water than just fishing. Even at that if the Chinook are closed there’s lots of other fish in the sea, plus crabbing, prawning. All kinds of ways to enjoy the water. Momma and I have spent many an afternoon on the water and never even considered dropping a line in the water, especially when it’s just you and momma on a quiet still warm evening on the water ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back