wanted small motor mechanic for quad repair

Rockfish

One of my brothers has a quad in the Campbell River area. Changed the fuel filter and gas and it started up but some switch was stiff so sprayed some electrical lube in it.. Now it won't run and wants to take it on a trip late Friday. Not even sure what make it is. Anyone know someone in the CR area that is good with small motors and could possibly get it running fast, assuming it is not something major or needs a part that would take a long time to get here. My guess is it is electrical but not a major problem. Thanks very much.

Edit - Sorry, thought I was putting this in the General Open Forum.

does he have the kill switch off? when i had quads i always used the ignition key to turn it on and off. one day my son was sitting on the quad and he hit the kill switch. i couldn’t start it until i noticed the switch. felt pretty dumb tbh

does he have the kill switch off? when i had quads i always used the ignition key to turn it on and off. one day my son was sitting on the quad and he hit the kill switch. i couldn’t start it until i noticed the switch. felt pretty dumb tbh

Good one! I will ask, but if that is all it is I am not 100% sure he would admit it.

Good one! I will ask, but if that is all it is I am not 100% sure he would admit it.

Admitting you’re a moron is the first step! trust me i felt pretty dumb. anyways the quad will continue to turn over it just won’t fire up. it’s the “sling blade” theory. always start with the easy things !

Admitting you’re a moron is the first step! trust me i felt pretty dumb. anyways the quad will continue to turn over it just won’t fire up. it’s the “sling blade” theory. always start with the easy things !

KISS METHOD ... KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID is the old adage lol

Back