Wanted: Shimano Technium Rod

hippaisland

Scooped up a pair of MR2's so looking to pickup a technium or two for rods 3 and 4 if I can find some at a decent price. (Or similar!)
Cheers,
Hippa

Where are you located? I have one I used 2-3 times and didn't like it I think it's med - heavy I am out of town at work till early next week. I am in Vic if your interested let me know.

Big thanks to Cheanuh S. for driving from Sooke to Victoria for the technium to meet me. Still after one more! Prefer med-heavy.

What about the Amundson Theron mooching rods ? They are very nice and a good deal. It was $249.99 On sale $99.99 at PNT in Coombs /Parkville

Bump - Would still like to find another Technium - Medium Heavy. If anyone has one they're not using or knows of one being sold let me know. Cheers!

Was a bit ago but way better price to be found I'm sure. Try Freds Tackle Chilliwack. Even last year when I was in HC in Nanaimo they were 169 bucks. Give m a call.

$199 is regular price at most places. Harbour Chandler nanaimo has a promo called pirate days, May 13th for 2017 which is their major annual sale. They had Shimano stuff on sale last year.

Also keep in mind that you can get the Technium in slow or fast action. I would *not* recommend fast action if it's going to be a downrigger rod. You can also get it with stainless or normal guides (the stainless are a bit harder to find, eagle-eye in sooke EDIT: (their website is infected, do not visit) had stainless last time I was in, several months ago). I have normal guides and like it just fine, and I run braid with a topshot.

The convergence is a good rod too (usually $100). Convergence medium is great for smaller fish, but it looks a little scary loaded up on the downrigger. I think the technium mh is the best choice, and even tough the warranty is now 1year (used to be lifetime) it's tough and well worth the price.

Last edited:
Looking for 1 more Med-Heavy Technium. If anyone's got a line on one let me know.

Edit: big thanks to Discus for sending me one my way!!!

Last edited:
Back