Wanted: Seasport 24xl

Gham

Crew Member
Looking to buy a 24’ Seasport in the next few days/months/years...

Not in a rush but if the right boat came up for sale I would jump on it. Thought I’d put a feeler out to see if anyone knows someone thinking of selling.

Its 14 years old and back then they were cheaper to buy new. My 22 ft was only $55,000 back in 92 when I bought it new. That was boat with all the factory options I wanted and power. I added lots of goodies after that.

Certainly not too cheap, may even be overpriced depending on mechanical condition of drive and main.

I've been looking at seasport and orca for the last two years thinking and dreaming. I'm finally in a position to get one for what I think is reasonable pricing. Don't get me wrong both command a significant premium over your generic fishing boat. That being said it really comes down to condition both body and mechanical. I've seen them go with new volvo gas power for 65k with brand new trailer in fairly good shape overall for a 2004. I seen the 1994 24xl with a two generation old rebuilt volvo diesel go for the same price 60-65. Orca's a bit more low high 70's to 90's even north of 100 in some cases. Realistically they are a premium capable boat. I want one but at a fair price that is more in line with pricing for boats of the vintage year 00-05. More recent year models will command higher as the factory in Washington is charging more for them now, and our awesome PM has put a tarrif on any boat coming out of the USA not to mention the horrible exchange rate. The one at Sherwood I would have paid 65k at that time with trailer for in fact I was about 3 days too late to get that one :( Deals will pop up here and there and being able to move fast on them is key when they are priced appropriately. There is a 27 orca right now on usedvic I've seen it on and off for the last year or maybe even two years. 81,500 with a diesel a nice diesel too. If it cleared well on a survey it would be a great boat. Although it's 30 foot overall, put it on a trailer it's now 8000lbs and 35 foot. That's alot of boat for my family. I'm leaning more towards a 24 myself. It's large enough for my family, and small enough for me to handle alone at the docks with a strong cross wind. There isn't much room to stop either a 27 or a 24 so if you're gonna bump the dock ur just gonna bump the dock. Better the dock than another boat. If anyone knows of a great deal on seasport or orca let me know. I'm of the opinion some deals will pop up in the near future.

I've been looking at seasport and orca for the last two years thinking and dreaming. I'm finally in a position to get one for what I think is reasonable pricing. Don't get me wrong both command a significant premium over your generic fishing boat. That being said it really comes down to condition both body and mechanical. I've seen them go with new volvo gas power for 65k with brand new trailer in fairly good shape overall for a 2004. I seen the 1994 24xl with a two generation old rebuilt volvo diesel go for the same price 60-65. Orca's a bit more low high 70's to 90's even north of 100 in some cases. Realistically they are a premium capable boat. I want one but at a fair price that is more in line with pricing for boats of the vintage year 00-05. More recent year models will command higher as the factory in Washington is charging more for them now, and our awesome PM has put a tarrif on any boat coming out of the USA not to mention the horrible exchange rate. The one at Sherwood I would have paid 65k at that time with trailer for in fact I was about 3 days too late to get that one :( Deals will pop up here and there and being able to move fast on them is key when they are priced appropriately. There is a 27 orca right now on usedvic I've seen it on and off for the last year or maybe even two years. 81,500 with a diesel a nice diesel too. If it cleared well on a survey it would be a great boat. Although it's 30 foot overall, put it on a trailer it's now 8000lbs and 35 foot. That's alot of boat for my family. I'm leaning more towards a 24 myself. It's large enough for my family, and small enough for me to handle alone at the docks with a strong cross wind. There isn't much room to stop either a 27 or a 24 so if you're gonna bump the dock ur just gonna bump the dock. Better the dock than another boat. If anyone knows of a great deal on seasport or orca let me know. I'm of the opinion some deals will pop up in the near future.

I have a 25.5 C-Dory and it feels pretty tight for a family of 3 with 1 on the way. 24 is pretty tight fit for a family but I know people have done lots of family adventures with a 22. Remember with boats and trailers at this size purchase price is only a part of your total cost of ownership. Twin outboards would really help for docking I've been know to fubar my approach. Good luck on the hunt.

I'm in a 185 double eagle now and we do what we can but it's tight. Our goals are pretty simple, sidney spit and the islands for little adventures and maybe a night or two on the hook. Reality in winter it will likely be me and a friend fishing and crabbing. Wife looked at a 22 with me and she veto'd it because there was no way she was gonna use a washroom where we sleep. I get it and tbh I'm not gonna argue with her if she's going to let me look for a bigger boat with more comforts LOL. 24 would be a great jump from the 185 double eagle for space. The hunt continues.

Back