WANTED: Scotty 3131 Swivel Mount Lock(s)

gungadin

Need one or more to finish my latest modifications to my little boat. Can't seem to buy them anymore, was hoping someone might have one that is surplus to their requirements
I live in Campbell River.

Scotty Mount.gif

Need one or more to finish my latest modifications to my little boat. Can't seem to buy them anymore, was hoping someone might have one that is surplus to their requirements
I live in Campbell River.

View attachment 49034
Wouldn't you just leave the swivels on and use the hinge lock? I used to have both but I just bolted everything else.

I understand what you are saying, and that is the way it used to be set up. Tilt up bolt replaced with a locking one and the swivel bolted to a base. Worked great, but I have recently added a riser, which took the place of the swivel and is now bolted to the boat. With the swivel base mounted on the top of the riser I need a locking device for the swivel mount as the bolts and nuts are now exposed and very susceptible to easy removable.

I understand what you are saying, and that is the way it used to be set up. Tilt up bolt replaced with a locking one and the swivel bolted to a base. Worked great, but I have recently added a riser, which took the place of the swivel and is now bolted to the boat. With the swivel base mounted on the top of the riser I need a locking device for the swivel mount as the bolts and nuts are now exposed and very susceptible to easy removable.
Gotcha.

use an Allen headed cap bolt ...
and its sad that things need to be locked down....
i just hate things that rattle on my boat .....
just buy a few geese as guard pets....lol

use an Allen headed cap bolt ...
and its sad that things need to be locked down....
i just hate things that rattle on my boat .....
just buy a few geese as guard pets....lol

I have used these( not the geese :rolleyes:) in conjunction with the lock in the past, and it is a deterrent for sure especially if they are filled with solder or epoxy. I do have alternatives in mind including welding and the aforementioned bolts, however I was hoping someone might have one of these locks to spare.

I appreciate your reference for Steveston Marine. I will give them a call on Monday. I must admit that I do so with some trepidation however. I have ordered from them before and have wrong parts shipped or they will substitute a similar product without asking.

That's because Steveston sucks and nobody should shop there. The Vancouver location at least. Butch of curmudgeons.

Went there, but could not put it into the cart so I suspect that is not available, but they are in Salmon Arm, so will give them a call too on Monday. They are open now so I will call now and post back with results

Just got off the phone. None in stock and as they are no longer making them they will remove the reference to them. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I’d be surprised if any online store has these. They were discontinued a few years ago and I struggled to find a set. Eventually found some on east coast US. If you can get them, hoard them. They are spongeworthy.

I’d be surprised if any online store has these. They were discontinued a few years ago and I struggled to find a set. Eventually found some on east coast US. If you can get them, hoard them. They are spongeworthy.

Yes indeed, Phoned Scotty, They quit making them, but did tell me they get quite a few requests for them, but so far are not thinking of bringing them back. Suggested I try their new style. I told them I do not like the newer style, the weakest point being the lock. To get a decent set of locks would be a small fortune, so I guess i will keep looking.

Steveston does not have any either.

Welding a nut or two that are now exposed due to the risers seems like the best solution.

Yes, it may end up being that, but it is also (at least in my eyes), a less desirable one. I hope that it is not the solution that I end up using.:(

Thank you to those who chipped in with ideas and references. Special thanks to Crow who came up with one for me. Will now be able to complete my system.:D

Back