Wanted: Northern Lite Camper 8-5 Q L

Sharphooks

I'm limited to just that size. Anybody out there selling one or who might know someone selling? Thanks

Good luck and great choice on that as I was fortunate enough to finally purchase a 2010 8'11 NL Q SE a few years back after an insurance write of on my Big Foot camper . You are probably already aware they are rare and costly anyway you look at it. To give you an idea I paid $20k with no dickering. After searching for 3 months I eventually gave up and put an add on Craigslist wanting a very specific camper and I was lucky enough to get a call as soon as the ad appeared.
On another note if you end up purchasing a used unit, please, please have the propane system recertified. About $250 but worth every penny. Trust me on that one. Have fun looking for sure and great start.

Thanks for the comments, Gents, and yes, pretty much stuck on Northern Lite. I've been through 4 different camper brands---I steer clear of aluminum and anything that has a window on the front. I've heard Lance makes a good camper, though---thanks for the offer. Who knows, if I shoot blanks with the Northern Lite maybe I'll be in touch---I need something for a short bed ---my truck is half-way between 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton so payload = +/- 2,000 max

Good luck and great choice on that as I was fortunate enough to finally purchase a 2010 8'11 NL Q SE a few years back after an insurance write of on my Big Foot camper . You are probably already aware they are rare and costly anyway you look at it. To give you an idea I paid $20k with no dickering. After searching for 3 months I eventually gave up and put an add on Craigslist wanting a very specific camper and I was lucky enough to get a call as soon as the ad appeared.
On another note if you end up purchasing a used unit, please, please have the propane system recertified. About $250 but worth every penny. Trust me on that one. Have fun looking for sure and great start.

Gas certification is actually law in BC. Not everyone gets it done in a private sale however. It could be cheaper than $250 but could cost more if there is a leak in a hard to get to area. The place I worked at had an hourly rate plus the cost of the decal. Shops have to pay to get the decals from the Province. Definitely should be done. A leak can be very dangerous.

P1000376.JPG
Gas certification is actually law in BC. Not everyone gets it done in a private sale however. It could be cheaper than $250 but could cost more if there is a leak in a hard to get to area. The place I worked at had an hourly rate plus the cost of the decal. Shops have to pay to get the decals from the Province. Definitely should be done. A leak can be very dangerous.
Couldn't agree more. I think the provincial decal was about $90 which was included in the $250. Trying to forget but this why it is so important to get this done.

Attachments

• P1020161.JPG
    P1020161.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 66
Yikes. I have a 1989 northern lite 8’5”. First year ever built! Never had the propane recertified and last winter was the first time I’ve ever used the furnace.

Yikes. I have a 1989 northern lite 8’5”. First year ever built! Never had the propane recertified and last winter was the first time I’ve ever used the furnace.
My 2003 BigFoot which again was a top end unit somehow unknown to me there was a propane leak . Came back from my Bamfield trip on that rough road and went directly to Kirby's in Agaziss for some coho fishing with a buddy. Lesson learnt big time. Nobody was hurt thankfully and make sure you have full replacement insurance on your unit.

Back