Wanted, gym equipment

albernifisher

Looking to turn my garage into a gym. Anyone have any benches,Olympic bars,weights etc. Collecting dust in their basement???

I've got a bowflex sport here if you're interested - was just about to put it on craigslist.

ZealousDefenselessBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif

I have one of these in the garage.....

If you’re looking to maximize your space and save some money, a TRX system and a few kettlebells will do the same as a full on gym membership, only you’ll get a much more functional workout. You can make the workouts easy or so hard you’ll struggle to sit on the ******* for a week. Hundreds of free workout plans online.

https://www.trxtraining.com/

x2 on the TRX - bought it awhile back and cannot believe how simple it is to use. As BH905 said, you control the workload PLUS, it is IMPOSSIBLE for this piece of workout gear to turn into a clothing storage/drying rack...

Used to go to gym years ago. Did a few rounds of p90 x at home. Dumb bells. A pull up bar and a matt all that needed. Kicked my butt into shape. Felt strong lots of pull ups and push ups.

Used to go to gym years ago. Did a few rounds of p90 x at home. Dumb bells. A pull up bar and a matt all that needed. Kicked my butt into shape. Felt strong lots of pull ups and push ups.

I play old timer hockey and go the gym for inspiration .... my eyesight is better too.

Looking to turn my garage into a gym. Anyone have any benches,Olympic bars,weights etc. Collecting dust in their basement???
I have a bench with leg press,bars and weight,dumbell bars that I would sell you for cheap,but I am in langley

You don't need much to get started.A set of dumbells,a mat and a incline/decline bench and you've got everything you need for 100's of different exercises.If you have any sort of back issues at all I would highly recommend getting your core in reasonable shape first before any heavy lifts and at least one day with a personal trainer to learn proper form.Many people including myself go into this thing with good intentions only to wind up injuring yourself.This is all I had to start and it takes up about a 8x6 piece of floor in my bedroom.

Last edited:
I just recently purchased this piece of equipment for ab training and just love it.Used to do boring planks for hours on end but this machine makes it fun and keeps your mind off the discomfort. Check it out herehttps://www.stealthbodyfitness.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAsdHhBRCwARIsAAhRhskC_6AqNg2LXfgxFLT0LW_cfS6aYFqlnppYRBn_wUwieJMYI9ItiMEaAhvcEALw_wcB
Interesting . What model did you get I see there’s 3. Might be something to look into. Amazing how many of us suffer from back pain. It sucks!

Bit off topic , I suffer from back pain as well. Been taking CBD drops for the last month and haven't even had a single Tylenol. Used to take 6-8 a day . Might not work for everyone but does for me. As said above, a strong core helps for sure, but when in pain, it's hard to do the exercises.

I have a bench with leg press,bars and weight,dumbell bars that I would sell you for cheap,but I am in langley
the bench set up I have is the same design as fshhfnatic but diferent brand,also have the frame to hold the bar when doing bench press

Interesting . What model did you get I see there’s 3. Might be something to look into. Amazing how many of us suffer from back pain. It sucks!
I got the Personal one that's colored orange.Bought it off ebay for $229.00 Canadian which was the best deal I could find.It was just recently developed through a Kickstarter program and is an expensive piece of equipment but all you need is a smartphone and the games are free to download with more being developed.I love the thing.Used to dread the 15 mins. of planks I do at the end of every weight session but this thing actually makes it fun.Also if you suffer from back pain planks are the least invasive
exercise to do as they are a static with no movement unlike crunches or many other ab work.Here's a link if your interested in trying one.https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Stealth-Core-Trainer-Personal-Get-Ripped-Abs-and-Strong-Back-Dynamic-Ab-Pla/183445427245?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Good deal Tains.When I bought mine more than a month ago,they were like $260 on amazon.Still a lot of money for a fancy piece of plastic but worth it for the entertainment value they provide to an otherwise boring and discomforting exercise.

Back