Wanted: 15lb coated cannonballs and Scotty swivel base

Pineapple Express

Looking to buy two 15lb coated cannonballs (finned preferred) and one Scotty swivel base.

Live on the North Shore, work in Tsawwassen, so pick up along the way would be preferred.

Brian

I’ve got a BNIB swivel base in my garage. I will message you after I find it.
TL22

Last edited:
why coated ??
just curious..

fd

Well, I don't know for sure....I've never used coated cannonballs before! I want to try them because I don't like touching the bare lead with my bare hands, and also when/if the coated balls slide on the smooth fiberglass parts of the boat I hope they don't leave marks.

Well, I don't know for sure....I've never used coated cannonballs before! I want to try them because I don't like touching the bare lead with my bare hands, and also when/if the coated balls slide on the smooth fiberglass parts of the boat I hope they don't leave marks.

Meh. lead is delicious.

other than being protective i guess ,
theres zero advantage imho , no need to waste money on it ,
i use flashers to bring in the fish , id rather have my rigger weights out of site , out of mind !!! especially on the
smarter , savey mature fish , run my lines way back on them that time of year as well

all those fancy pants kone zone garbage ,waste of money as well , keep it simple...
those balls @$30 are a steal from fixit , dont lick them and you should stay healthy for many years to come...

m2b

fd

other than being protective i guess ,
theres zero advantage imho , no need to waste money on it ,
i use flashers to bring in the fish , id rather have my rigger weights out of site , out of mind !!! especially on the
smarter , savey mature fish , run my lines way back on them that time of year as well

all those fancy pants kone zone garbage ,waste of money as well , keep it simple...
those balls @$30 are a steal from fixit , dont lick them and you should stay healthy for many years to come...

m2b

fd

Thanks FD...I've messaged FixIt but haven't heard back yet.

$30 is the going rate for a homemade 15 pounder. Nobody knows he prices of 15 pound cannnonballs like me. Nobody!

$30 is the going rate for a homemade 15 pounder. Nobody knows he prices of 15 pound cannnonballs like me. Nobody!

Ha! I'm close behind you! This is the second time I've lost cannonballs on the SAME reef! Sheesh! Might have to go for a dive there next summer...I'm sure I'm not the only one losing gear there!

Ha! I'm close behind you! This is the second time I've lost cannonballs on the SAME reef! Sheesh! Might have to go for a dive there next summer...I'm sure I'm not the only one losing gear there!
At Coal and fairfax point im Sidney I'm at the point where I’m snagging cannonballs on the existing cannonballs that I’ve lost there. In some spots the ocean is 3’ shallower due to my cannonball buildup.

Back