Wanted-12/14 ft Tinny

spring fever

Wanted 12/14 ft tinny (aluminium) for use across a beach- I will look at all options /motor-/no motor
trailer no trailer. Serious buyer

I think fishing is kind of like hockey. You start in milk league, work your way up to whatever level then finish in beer league.

I always liked fishing shiners out of my 8’ rowboat when I was little. Maybe that’s how it will go for me. What I really liked about the rowboat was that I slowed down and knew every part of the harbour.

I think fishing is kind of like hockey. You start in milk league, work your way up to whatever level then finish in beer league.

I always liked fishing shiners out of my 8’ rowboat when I was little. Maybe that’s how it will go for me. What I really liked about the rowboat was that I slowed down and knew every part of the harbour.
I am very fortunate and now live right on the water and while there are lots of salmon a short big boat ride away---- with a tinny I will get to know the water right off the beach. Who Knows-lots of coho here in the fall. Unfortunately the boats seem to be all in the interior

Last edited:
While I was living outside the province from 1986 to 2006 I owned a 16 foot Lund with a 1980 20 HP Johnson. I bought it from an auction in Campbell River for $1200 where a lodge went bust. Ran like a charm until 2005 when it blowed up real good. That boat caught well over a dozen Tyee's and hundreds of others fish. It kept me in the game for a few hundred $ a year. I'd come into town after it sat there a year, put gas in it, hose out the leaves in it and launch. I treated it like a 3rd world boat. Never let me down (till the last trip to Beechy). Easy to maintain, cheap to fuel and easy to launch solo. Great boats, wish I still had it. They retain their value. I sold mine and made a profit after 20 years of use.

That one is interesting but unfortunately I am in black creek on the island-there have been quite a few on the mainland and in the interior but with the current situation the island is going to have to be it.

When I was looking, there were tons of deals on the mainland. It took me forever to find something decent on the island. I saw lots of overpriced beaters for sale on VI but a good one was rare and it would be gone immediately. It seems we are hard on these boats on the island, they were all mostly beaten to hell. lol

I will keep an ear to the ground for you, I see nice ones here and there.

When I was looking, there were tons of deals on the mainland. It took me forever to find something decent on the island. I saw lots of overpriced beaters for sale on VI but a good one was rare and it would be gone immediately. It seems we are hard on these boats on the island, they were all mostly beaten to hell. lol

Thanks-appreciate it.

Cranbrook and Williams Lake would get one in a minute!!

Back