Want to hire: Flat Deck truck w/ hiab

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted Forum' started by StormTrooper, Sep 10, 2019.

1. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Crew Member

Any member or friend of, who owns a flat deck with hiab or maybe a power tailgate. I am interested in hiring for a few hours one day to move five items from Port Alberni to Parksville or Nanaimo. A 1 ton truck or bigger can handle the job.

If interested in the job, or know someone who can do it please contact me for details.

Thanks,
    robert@haidalure.com

2. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

Try a contact with a seine boat. We moved nets with that type of rig often years ago.

StormTrooper likes this.
  3. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Crew Member

Ya, unfortunately going from building to building a boat won't work. Thanks for the thought though. :)

The items that i need to move are less than 250lbs each accept one is heavier and all are awkward by hand. Just some big shop machines.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    wishiniwasfishin1 likes this.
  4. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

Why not just use a tow truck for the whole load

StormTrooper likes this.
  5. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Lumber yards sometimes have slow times with their trucks. I use them for crane time regularly. $80-$180 an hour depending on the truck usually. Or a case of beer if you have the drivers cell number ;)

StormTrooper likes this.
  6. 7Deuce

7Deuce Active Member

MurKare Hiab - Murray 1-250-228-1161 use him all the time at work. Small truck. Great rates.

StormTrooper likes this.
  7. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

What I meant was we moved nets with a hiab and flatbed and the seine guys should have a number to call.

StormTrooper likes this.
  8. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Crew Member

Thanks for the clarification. :)