Victoria Spring, and Halibut Summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes captain dudds, I got both mine there today and got 5 a few weeks back on previous outing

excellent, the flats it is. thanks dirty, I'll throw up some pics if we get into them.

Nice to know there are some springs out there beemer. I think we'll just stick to hali's this time but when the tides go to hell maybe I'll give er a go,

cheers

Hey Justin ya there was a few good one's early thats for sure.
As far as getting out of the house it's harder thats for sure i'm just glad it's my job so gota go,but she definatly is a keeper as well.

Did most of my trip today fishing salmon off cony it was unreal crazy bite all morning had to let go quite a few over the slot and managed 7 nice hatch jobs up tp 15lbs as well as let some small ones go.Finished off the day haly fishing and managed 1 before we headed home.

hey duddley how did u manage on your family excursion today how many people did ya cram into your boat? post some pics if you had much success

Ya Rick it was that crazy no stop until 930.
Beemer quite a few midwater fish.
Hope there still there back at it today.

Good work to the guide that got the 160lbr yesterday very nice fish!

We didn't have any luck. Do you guys find the currents run harder off Oak Bay than off other local spots? Looking at the current graph I thought the tides would be perfect right from about 830 to 2:

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/disc/2010-04-23

but we couldn't get our lines to the bottom. We sat there from about 830 to 10:30 thinking it was going to slow down but it didn't, and the wind was blowing right into OB so it got pretty snotty. We lifted anchor and tried a couple drifts but only got a cabezon, then packed it in. There ended up being just three of us, which is still pretty full for my boat especially since my dad is 6'6" at 220, and we had a great time but I would have liked to have at least got our gear to the bottom. Sorry smeegle just one picture and its just of a cabezon - maybe next time.

Hey Dudds,

The link you posted is for Discovery Island but it gives the location at 3mi from Washington. Not sure if that is the right location, might be Haro straight but not sure -- took at look at this link http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/jua/2010-04-23 and the current should have been slowest from about 10-12 so you may not have waited long enough.

TenMile
<'((((><

Buddy of mine hit a 37lb and a 180 yesterday out of Victoria.... I saw it on the scale:)

Morning bite for salmon was deadly again off cony but it was all over by 930 put back 5 over the slot arhhhh and kept some nice hatch jobs.

Hope this keeps up!

hey captain Dudds , looks like that current table is a little screwy. If the wind is west / southwest try Haro Strait , you won't get beaten up as bad at anchor and the tides are generally softer.

hi there guys. ive been reading for a while now and have decided to join your forum. i am curently writing to ask if anyone can recomend a website for accurate gps coordinets as i am currently fishing with a handheld and chart. any info and/or tips would be much appreiciated and recipricated.thanks a bunch.
keep those rods a pumpin' ;)

Another great day out there started at 6:30 for salmon and hit one every 10 or 15mins until 8:30 then it got nuts for a couple hours lost count on numbers but our biggest was around 13lbs,then off to bennies bank for some haly and we got 4 all around 30lbs.Great day great water.

Nice work Bananas.
Springs did not cooperate as well for us.
Hali was good though. 50 and a 28 in the boat and lost one other.
Real nice day on the water.
Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back