Victoria Spring, and Halibut Summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Beautiful day on Constance today, fishing was a little slow but we
managed a 52 lb halibut.
released another Octopus ( sorry Mark ) [:p]:D

Man you know how to catch them hali's!! Is your freezer full yet?

Absolutely beautiful afternoon on Constance yesterday. 50,30 and a 25 lb pulled off the bottom as well as a visit from some humpbacks. Lots of large baitfish jumping around as well.
With the glass calm water and the sunshine all day it sure didn't feel like fall.

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Hoochiebob

Absolutely beautiful afternoon on Constance yesterday. 50,30 and a 25 lb pulled off the bottom as well as a visit from some humpbacks. Lots of large baitfish jumping around as well.
With the glass calm water and the sunshine all day it sure didn't feel like fall.

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

I was wondering how deep your finding them Hooch? I am getting skunked every time I try constance and would love just one hali before it closes.

Cheers
Dave

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

I was wondering how deep your finding them Hooch? I am getting skunked every time I try constance and would love just one hali before it closes.

165-190' on the west side has worked for us ;)

Thanks craven!! Will give it a go and see what I can get before the closure.

It's officially Fall , maybe time to kill this thread and start a new one ?

"Victoria reports - Fall/Winter 2010/11"

Mod's ?

Bagged mine a little deeper- around 230-245ft. I too was on the west side of the bank.

Hooch
"They say blood is thicker than water- is that why my bilge pump doesn't work?"

Managed to grab a 60ish and a 30 on saturday and 2, 30s on sunday. Awsome weather out there and same about tons of big bait jumping. As well as big northerns

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back