Governor

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

WHAT : Victoria Sport Fishing Advisory Board Committee Meeting

WHEN: Wednesday April 14th 2010 – 7:15 PM to 9:30 PM

WHERE: Sheraton Four Points Victoria Gateway Hotel,

829 McCallum Road, Victoria, BC V9B 6W6
Lower Lobby, West Shore Ballroom
www.sheratonvictoria.com

It appears DFO are seriously contemplating restrictions on our local chinook fishery, beyond those already in place.

A senior DFO Fraser River Salmon Resource Manager will be giving a presentation about Fraser River chinook stocks of concern. Please be aware there is potential for additional restrictions or management measures that may affect chinook fishing in Sidney, Oak Bay, Victoria, Pedder Bay, Becher Bay and Sooke areas during the end of May, June and July.

Additionally, certain Fraser River First Nations are proposing a moratorium on fishing for early Fraser chinook stocks of concern. That proposal also recommends DFO close all non-aboriginal chinook fisheries that may catch any of those chinook of concern.

We are facing some significant uncertainty about our important local fishery. Please mark your calendar and advise every local angler you know so that they can attend. A strong turn out is very important.

Draft Meeting Agenda:</u>
7:15PM Call to order, introductions and adoption of the agenda (C. Bos and T. Cole)
7:25PM Sidney Pink Salmon Net Pen proposal (DFO SEP Staff and C. Bos)
7:50PM DFO Presentation (by DFO Jeff Grout)
on Early Timed Fraser and Spring Summer Fraser Chinook Salmon
8:20PM Bio-break and leg stretch
8:30PM Continue DFO Presentation (by DFO Jeff Grout) Questions and Comments
9:10PM Updates: Crab Reform, Prawn Reform, Halibut Season 2010, SFAB Vision Document and Race Rocks MPA,
9:30PM Meeting adjourn

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Hi Gov... having been out of town, I was unable to attend. Do you have a source for contents of the presentation and what DFO had to say?
Thanks in advance. goalie

quote:Originally posted by goalie

Hi Gov... having been out of town, I was unable to attend. Do you have a source for contents of the presentation and what DFO had to say?
Thanks in advance. goalie

Send me a PM and I'll give you the details you are looking for.

Gov

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Back