Victoria reports Fall/Winter 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott craven

Here's a start to to the Fall/Winter thread.
Post your reports & pictures ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks scott thinking madien trip on sat keep a eye open for us and say hello thanks newfie

Hope you had a good day Don.
We fished Oakbay, Constance, and the waterfront and only shakers.
couple of guide boats on Constance, but didn't see much going on...

Any recent reports?

Salmon for Thanksgiving dinner? I havent converted the family yet, but I was thinking rib eye steak, marinated salmon tips on the BBQ with some prawns and a side of fresh dungeness is a great harvest feast.
I am always thankful for a safe trip and good company, and more so when I have fish in the boat.

Was out yesterday, lot's of undersize up to about 5lbs , all released.
another month or so and we should start seeing some bigger fish.

Went out late yesterday afternoon and tried the flats for about 90 mins. Very strong ebb tide -- had 150ft of downrigger line out while fishing in 100ft of water and they weren't touching bottom! No luck for me.

Thanks for the update guys.

A friend was out yesterday and said he was working the tidelines on the east side of discovery and caught a pink and lost a 10+ chinook on green/glow coyote and some purple haze gear. More likely a big coho, but I'll head out deep tomorrow and see what we can find.

good info Nautigirl thanks. Lots of 2 and 3 pounder springs on the flats , but not much more.

beemer

Engine issues kept me on the kicker today, so couldn't venture too far out with the current ripping and a deadline for my return. No keepers for me, but saw a nearby boat got two coho about 400+ on the tideline off the end of Trial.

Flats were busy today in the sunshine and calm waters. Spent about 2 hours out -- lots of action mostly small shakers. Picked up 4 but returned all of them. The Coho Killer was working for me, right on the bottom.

Missed you Terry, we were also there till about 2:00 pm
one 8lb Coho and 9 small springs all released ,largest only about 5 lbs.
Very little bait showing.

out on the waterfront today off Clover. One monsterstrike that bent the hook , played it for 20 seconds kinda felt like a hali. Just about to pack it in, hooked and landed a 12 pounder spring. Out in deep water 220' near the bottom. glowy hoochie with a single siwash on a purple flasher. beauty day.

beemer

Crave,I've heard them speak fondlly about Connie...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back