Victoria Reports - Fall/Winter 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to make a point. I doubt anybody is going to spend the time in Feb to anchor up and spend a great deal of time catch and release fishing for halibut, but the industry is changing so i can imagine the ways people fish with soon follow and with new regs it will only be a matter of time till people find loop holes around them.

Good Day

Out today around the pinnacles (as we call them) at Albert Head. Kept 4, 7 to 10 lbs, released 2 small ones. Last 2 were a double header. Green and white glow splatter back squirt and green and chrome coyote spoon. Oddly one of the 10s caught on the small squirt had a 7 inch herring in it..Beautiful day on the water..

Nothing odd about that Algae the Herring our staging off the waterfront preparing to make their pilgrimage up the Gorge I guess the only wierd thing is that he actually had room for a plastic squirt!

Well if you do anchor up just say your searching for the great "filet o fish" mmmmmmm
dogfish!!!!!!!! what can they really say????

tuesdays is coming soon

Wolf

Tried to get out this morning ,but there was a 1/4 inch of ice around my boat at pedder so we said no go,but come hell or high water i'll be anchored up at daylight on tues .

Bananas: looking @ the tide it's a little Quick in the A.M Having said that u could use the rigger! Suprised not to see u @ outfitters show this year just got back it was jammed pack.

Not to quick for where i'll be.
No boatshow for me this year just couldn't take another 3 days of that,rather just hang with the daughter, i did make it in this morn for awhile though.

Out at Constance this morning, bite came at 930. Lost 2 to seals right at the boat and scored one for ourselfs. Using bait at 160 ft. Crabbing was decent but lots of soft shells.

Constance Bank Sunday morning...12 fish on, let one small one go, one broken leader wrapped around motor, 4 were dine and dash ( we kept losing them on a ultra violet coyote spoon, we sharpened and bent the hook but they just would not stick) kept six.( all hatchery) One @ 4lbs. 4@ 7-8lbs. and one @ 10lbs. No seals. Most fish on splatter back green glow squirt and green glow flasher. Rest of the fish were on coyote green stripe spoons. We had a friend out from Peachland, he brought the luck with him, he said our weather was quite balmy. Not many boats fishing for salmon. I will try to post pix tomorrow.

The bank was great today got on the water at 10ish and it was good rite off the get go. had to let our first nice fish over the slot size go today around 14 or 15lbs .That one hurt now that thats over with letting others go won't seem so bad.Ya rite.

Got out to Georgia Strait for the first time this year, turned out to be a pretty good day. Weather was ok in the morning and flat and sunny by afternoon. Landed a total of 5 salmon, two were undersized and released, so we got 1 each like 7lb, 9 and 10. Dropped 4 prawn traps and got 6 prawns total, maybe try a different spot next time.
Lost a cannon ball and broke some rollers off the trailer pulling out, gotta fix it before next weekend.

Out on the bank today. First 2 fish over the slot size and wild. Then a double landed both, 7 and 9 pound clipped. The lost 3 in a row to seals, got 2 heads back on the first 2...about 8 and 10 pounders. The next one he had on the surface a good 12 to 14 pounds and bust us off, lost everything. Then landed another clipped 14 pounder. Six crab finished off a sunny and flat day on the water.

Fish on both Green Glow Coyote and Green Glow Frog Teaser with chovie. Tried various squirts but no action on them. Bite started about 8:30 for us, not much after about 1pm.

Some pix from Sunday

Attachments

• some nice dinners here.jpg
    some nice dinners here.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 144
  • A happy Peachlander.jpg
    A happy Peachlander.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 112
  • a couple of old farts.jpg
    a couple of old farts.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator: