Victoria reports - fall/winter 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the full moon ?? :(
fishing was slow this weekend..
hooked a few small springs, and a 5lb Coho
anybody else have a report to share ??

It was pretty lumpy on Saturday but we managed to fish a couple of hours off the flats. Hit a couple of small springs that we tossed back and that was about it. I heard of some more promising reports off the Waterfront this weekend.

The bank is producing on the slack . I fished sat afternoon ans Sun morning got two mid teens coho both "wild" and 4 spring from 8 to 12. over 120 feet seemed to be the money in 350 feet of water on the South side all on bait. Lots of shakers probably reeled in and carefully released 40 fish! Spent a bucket on bait:(

fished 8am to10am just off albert head [1 mile south east]280ft of water down 150ft. hit 20 fish coho 5 were over 10lbs 3 double headers what a great morning. releases looked very good.

The whales have been off my place by Albert head for 2 days running so looks like the fish are still passing by here.
T2

No Rigours

Another glorious day this morning off Albert Head. Caught a couple of coho and springs. Lots of live releases. Hope to be out again tomorrow and thursday, this time for halibut. Stop by and say hi, blue and white seaswirl.

Hi again from Newfie boy.

Another glorious day on the water, can you believe the weather we are having? I am going again tomorrow, for the weather alone, any fish would be a bonus. Wednesday's report, not as good as Monday or Tuesday. Score: Newfie boy - 1, Seal - 1. Both were 10-12 lb springs. Tomorrow is halibut fishing. Bringing my lucky charm with me, and my wife too. Talk to you soon.

Hi again from Newfie boy.

Another glorious day on the water, can you believe the weather we are having? I am going again tomorrow, for the weather alone, any fish would be a bonus. Wednesday's report, not as good as Monday or Tuesday. Score: Newfie boy - 1, Seal - 1. Both were 10-12 lb springs. Tomorrow is halibut fishing. Bringing my lucky charm with me, and my wife too. Talk to you soon.

There are winter springs in the 7-12 lb class out there
now, so december/january could be awesome if the fish and bait hold.

Any reports from the weekend ?

Hey Scott thanks for that hoochie today. Fished border bank looking for the last of the coho. No luck on the coho,lots of 1 to 5 pounder springs and picked up a small halibut.

fished clover/ross bay 1 hatchery coho/2 springs 8/10 lbs,spoons/hootchies/fishing on bottom,seen another 13 lb caught near also,seals around but no trouble today !

Hopefully this is alright to post here - Anyone know of the next good halibut tides? Going fishing this weekend out of Oak Bay, for either salmon or if possible, hali.

Thanks.

Try the flats deep for winter springs, picked up a 25 lb halibut
on sunday as incidental catch :D
as for tides, next weekend they are pretty big...

Ok, will try that, thanks Craven! I've been fishing a 37" leader up island on the inside, and had luck.. Should it be short like that, or a little longer for this area. I live here, but have only boated one salmon, and that was because Beemer did all the work!

Once you are into the Winters, the only requirement is that you have a lure in the water, to settle a bet with a guy I was fishing with, I put a hook on a metal bottle opener with a snap ring and got a few to prove a point.

You want to be covering a lot of water, these aggresive little buggers will hit anything.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Sounds about right, i've been fishing squirts a little shorter
32-36 " and spoons about 48-52".
The Halibut grabbed a blue/chrome coyote.

went halibut fishing yesterday... got a 60, 52, and one around 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back