Victoria Reports 2015

Victoria Reports 2015

In the earlier post by sun dance on 8/31 regarding the closure of the Esquimalt Anglers ramp on the 18, 19, and 20 of Sept, he refers to a ramp off Admirals on First Nations land.

Does anyone know where this First Nations ramp is? Has anyone used it before? I want to head out on Friday and this might save me the run from Pedder Bay.

Thanks.

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

I have done a bit more research and apparently there is a launch at the Maple Bank RV Park and Campground off of Maplebank Road. This is on the Songhees property.

If anyone has info on conditions of the ramp, what tides or winds to watch for, fees, etc. that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

another shot off esquimalt from 11-3 without a sniff. Heard there was a good bite off breakwater early this morning where a 25 was caught.

I did alright. 24, 10, and a hatch coho.....macauly.... AP Spoon workin' pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like still some pigs out there - coworker caught a 26 on weekend and his neighbour a 32 today...waterfront

We have 500 members in esq anglers assoc don't be shy about your displeasure with boat ramp being closed for 3 days as one of the better HALLY TIDES , as this good be a annual thing . The ramp at admirals Rd ( First Nation ) is useable on normal tides , we put 90,000. Nitinat fry in there every yr , think it's $10 a launch if you can find someone to pay ? Let the township of ESQUIMALT KNOW YOUR UNHAPPINESS , email , phone call , MAYOR ETC , as it is a multiuser park , thanks

another wave of big fish cruising by there were some big fish caught east sooke yesterday and today. 40+ is a pig...

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 500 members in esq anglers assoc don't be shy about your displeasure with boat ramp being closed for 3 days as one of the better HALLY TIDES , as this good be a annual thing . The ramp at admirals Rd ( First Nation ) is useable on normal tides , we put 90,000. Nitinat fry in there every yr , think it's $10 a launch if you can find someone to pay ? Let the township of ESQUIMALT KNOW YOUR UNHAPPINESS , email , phone call , MAYOR ETC , as it is a multiuser park , thanks

I shall be sending a letter to Esquimalt council.
I cannot understand why they wouldn't have their art exhibit over at Saxe Point? Nice park, ocean view, lots of parking.... I don't understand it.

Hit the flats after work, first drop to bottom landed on a 12# er's head. Played that fish longer than the ride from shore.
Love it when a plan comes together.

image.jpg

Just sent an email - very disappointed in the MAYOR's decision.

Back