Victoria 2014 Reports

Wow the sound of the engine is crazy!!! I wonder if it bounces back off the wall. Cool video.

-KK

Yeah must be loud down there some days.
Yamaha t8.
kinda has an old 8mm film sound to it.
Cant wait to get the camera in the middle of some northern coho frenzy.hoping i can leave it 50' down and have a few rods with 6oz bannanas and spoons do the dirty work uptop.
Probably unethical/illegal to mount a camera on the back of a fish eh?

Anyways whos out there today? Live reports pls

A 1 hour troll on the flats with a couple buddies as the moon was rising, turned up this lil' guy, on the ebb 80 ft in 100ft really nice night

IMG_0799.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, maybe the feeder's will show up early this year and offset the poor summer run fish.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any action out there? I see lots of boats out there, but no reports. Anybody having any luck further out toward the buoy area for coho?
I think I'll head out tomorrow am, not sure if it'll be sooke or the waterfront.

Fished flagpole to Clover from 8:30 to 11 am. Lots of bait jumping. Two strikes by what I'd guess were not springs but nothing stuck. Tomorrow it'll be one anchovie and one lure if the winds cooperate.

Ditched work,left oak bay at 2 to fish the waterfront...and arrived at muir creek to fish the evening flood:).green seemed to be all that worked for us.boated two nice coho and a 15# spring..couple hits off secretary that didnt take.and a non eventful sunset troll past the shack found ourselves im a warm breeze after 8 with a dark ride home.oops!.smooth ride both ways.and had a 3 fish day,wtf:)

Nope. Not my day today. Good numbers of fish it seemed though. I saw z guy with a 24, saw a few more teeners caught. My number never got called today.

A nice report. I think in Victoria fishing is getting better. I should go out salmon fishing tomorrow! Anyone will take me ?

I was out this morning from 8:00 to 13:00.
Didn't see a lot of fish caught. Saw a lot of bait in 120' of water between the brochie and the flagpole.
Managed one 8lb wild coho, which I released hoping for a bit of Karma.
75' on the rigger with an electric chair hoochie (Clear U/V body with a glow pink stripe running down each side) with a pink haze flasher.
That's the only fish I saw all day.

Back