Victoria 2014 Reports

Hey Kildonan,

"Clean up on aisle 1- bring a skid steer"

It was thick with that crap from Pedder in to the Esq Angler ramp. It was like there were about 8 tide lines running diagonally from shore out about a mile or two, each anywhere from 50 to a few hundred yards across. It is a minefield out there.

Ran from Pedder today.
2 out of 3 small springs to the boat near the can.
Then anchored at the mud hole and fed dog fish for an hour.
Ran to Constance and picked up 48 lb Hali

Nice December day.

Had a nice time on the water today. And with a little Fishmas Magic managed to get a couple of nice fish to the boat. One was just right for the bbq, one was 8-9.

Lucky we had help or our seasonal fishing trip might have come off the rails! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

PS-nope it wasn't a bet!

Let 2 small ones go and good karma gave me 2 nice ones. Just before slack off Albert Head. Bounce the bottom but picked both these fish up in 150' and 85' on the rigger. Anchovies seemed to be the food of choice. Watch out for the dead heads!!

Attachments

• IMG00048-20141222-1448 (3).jpg
    IMG00048-20141222-1448 (3).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 531
Took all of twenty minutes to catch three fish. A double header of keepers was enough to send me packing as the water was big out there on constance. One of the fish (the wild one of the two) was white with some pink Six and four pounds respectively.

JL

I am ITCHING to get out there, you guys are killing me here. I spent the day at home.... honey-do list. :-(

Couple more days of this hell and then it's my time. Can't wait.

Fished Vic waterfront from 10-1:30. Seals took 3 nice fish and they let me keep one around 8lbs. All on Glow Below hootchie octopus size. It was friggin lumpy with lots of crap in water.

Fished Albert Head in afternoon to get out of the wind. Trolled around and nothing for two hours. Put on a 3" tomic and the action was non stop till the seals saw us. No point killing all of those fish. So we packed it in. The fish were all around 50cm give or take. Let them all go.

Side note. Broke three rods in two days. Two Rod tips yesterday just putting the rods together and today put the old hmx back in action to explode when pulling off the rigger. Not sure why they were so brittle.

JL

Just take em in and u will get warranty where u bought them! The one nice thing about them.... sold all mine tho was sick of replacing em.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

After a couple months in the workshop,it was nice to get out again.
Showed a great-laker what local winter spring fishing is about.

We hid from the sw at ten mile and kept a couple nice ones.one on green squid jug,one on andy p's(thanks yet again btw)

Hoping to try for hali tuesday and wed morns

Some Nice looking winter springs there. They are the best, in fight & taste. Good on you, keep those Pic's coming.

Got back from Christmas ski trip itching to try for some prawns and some hali before they closes

Oops. Anyway. Only managed 40 prawns s in saanich inlet on a short 1 Hr soak. More traps out of Brentwood than I have ever seen. Hit the water front yesterday and went out to 300 ft and soaked some salmon bellies and herring. A few dogs and a nice 68lb hali to finish off the hali season. A round of high fives then off to a New Years party. Great day to close 2014.

Was out on Dec 31 looking for my first Hali. Tried a couple spots and finally connected in about 275 feet of water straight off the waterfront. Definitely not a record breaker, but a tasty 20 lb halibut is now in the freezer. Also caught a bunch of dogs and one huge skate about 5 feet across.

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Back