Vancouver Saltchuck?

Thanks for the links FM and speaking of Howe Sound, we're thinking of launching this weekend at Sunset Marina and fish the south side of Bowen --- anyone have a recommendation on where to drop crab traps in these two neighborhoods? We're used to launching at either Vanier or MacDonald Beach so unfamiliar with the Sunset area..

Any advice is appreciated!

I'll be out as much as possible this weekend as well. I'm on vacation this coming week so...I'll post reports as well! :)

:D:D:D

Originally posted by ActionJackson017

Thanks for the links FM and speaking of Howe Sound, we're thinking of launching this weekend at Sunset Marina and fish the south side of Bowen --- anyone have a recommendation on where to drop crab traps in these two neighborhoods? We're used to launching at either Vanier or MacDonald Beach so unfamiliar with the Sunset area..

Any advice is appreciated!

Most any of the little bays in the area are good for crabs, problem is your in sewells rental boat country, you nead to put them were you can see them while fishing or they will almost certainly be cleaned out, or gone.(sad but true) If you move to a new area move them with you and you will get crabs. They don't have to stay down long.(half hour if your in a craby spot.)

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Originally posted by fishin_magician

The latest report from Bon Chovy!!!!

Check out today's charter results!!

Going to have to check that spot out!!! [8D]

Ha F.M.
What is that spot in the picture????? Is that bower island there looking at???

quote:Originally posted by Gone Fishen

Ha F.M.
What is that spot in the picture????? Is that bower island there looking at???

Looks to me like the second pic with the boat is just off the south end of Bowyer. When I was driving down from Whistler last weekend I saw a couple of boats working up and down the east side of Bowyer.

Okay, I'm trying to upload a pic so hope it works.[i
IMGP1555.jpg
mg][/img]
I had 4 chances and finally nailed this one. Had the net out for one but spat the hook, lucky for me cause it was a smaller fish.

Boy, it's tough fishing solo and top it off, one or the riggers is manual[V]

Hits on both spoons and anchovy. Most on bait 120 on the wire south bowen.

The Gods have been good to me, nailed a keeper 2 of last 3 trips. :)

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Good fish Bruizer !

Yep! :) Good work! :) There was a guy off the South End this morning who lost one in the mid twenties. We fared ok, just the 2 fish. Know of a few caught in that size range. Sounds like the bite was early....

:)

Fished upper sound for morning tide with nothing. Ran up to Bowen Bay for a bit. Had one hit. Tried off Bon Chovie's hot spot which slowed down today. One last pass upper sound and nothing. Still a good day with 3 keeper crab and a sun tan. Salmon would have been better though!

Nice day on the water today: one spring (12 pounds), well over 100 big prawns, and four crabs. Not too shabby for the first day out this year. And was home before it rained and early enough to see the Nucks paste the Blues.

Lots of nice fish around south of Bowen, some big ones jumping and finning the surface too. What's with that? [8D]

The one fish hooked up at 100 feet on a size 3.5 coyote army truck spoon, not far off Bowen and Roger Curtis.

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Very nice guys! You did well. Myself, I'm struggling this year. Today I got two small shakers and that was it. I was fishing south Bowen as well. I kept hearing all these fish being caught around me. Oh well. Just have to keep trying. It was a nice day on the water though. The weather looks good this week.

Heya...

Kicked off the first week of vacation with a fantastic weather day..

We fished South Side of Bowen and the Hump today. Kinda lonely out there early on with just 2 or 3 boats including us....no one else in close vicinity early on but as the day got on...we were joined but a few boats a mile or two distant. Fishing was a bit quiet to start with lots of area to cover and few boats to cover the territory.

A buddy (one of the other boats) picked up a 16 lber stuffed with Shrimp and we finished up with a 16, 14 and 11. All were bright bright chrome and 2 of my 3 were stuffed with some good size herring. We had some undersize hits as well. We bugged out about 330 pm---before tide change... should stayed.

Heard about a good bite in Howe Sound mid morning which I was invited to partake in but by that time I decided to keep dangling the lines off South Bowen.

We finished at Vanier Park launch bowling Salmon Heads down the launching ramp and enjoyed watching the Bald Eagles in the tree swooping down, grabbing the heads and taking them up to the Chicks in the tree.

All in all not too bad of a day and I'm looking forward to heading out again tomorrow! :)

:D:D:D

Back