Vancouver Saltchuck?

A local guide I know bonked an 18 lber this morning. Location was "local". Fish are still around. We'll have them around until May. Quality is great this year!!

I was out yesterday. Started off at the hole in the wall. Trolled up to almost Lions Bay. Not a sniff. Picked up and ran over to pam rocks. Nothing doing there either for me. Heard one was caught off of the Grace Islets (Islands)could have been 20#. One wooo hooo. I was fishing bait and a hootchie. Outstanding day out there. Flat calm, sunny and warm!

Thanks Daddystoy. Its nice to get reports from members who don't try and play games with "secret" or "local" spots.

My thoughts as well , why post a report with no report !! we all know there are fish out there ... [:eek:)]..FD

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Hey guys I thought I would try yesterday and see how lucky I could get fishing Tunstall. Well what a horrible day out there. huge chop and no fish to boot and we worked our gear hard off the bottom. We were using bait. sorry I could not pass on better news. Oh yeah no prawns either although it was a short soak due to weather.

quote:Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

My thoughts as well , why post a report with no report !! we all know there are fish out there ... [:eek:)]..FD

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Ok FogDucker... I'll tell you that next time you're looking on at the cleaning table at the 'Nook.

The scene: Fishin' Magician standing at the cleaning table at the Nook with 4 large springs and a couple of very very nice Cohoes.

FogDucker: "Where did you catch those fish?"
Fishin' Magician: "In the water!"
Fog Ducker: "Well that's no help, what did you catch them on at least?"
Fishin' Magician: "Well obviously you don't need my help, because everyone knows there are fish out there! You said so yourself!"

Brisco, if you would like to know, PM me for details because you're on the forums and water enough that I have no problem telling you. I'm not interested in 50 boats on the area which will fish out the action if you know what I mean. ;)

That's the idea, there are decent fish around, local to Vancouver..and they move...funny how that is eh? I painted this extra large X on the bottom of my boat...X marks the spot!!!! [:eek:)]

At any rate, for those who haven't put the boat in the water and fish local to Vancouver... I'm telling you..."THE TIME IS NOW!". Those who know me know exactly what I mean by that statement. [8]

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

Heading out tomorrow. Any new reports?

Just sent you an email dude.

quote:I'm not interested in 50 boats on the area which will fish out the action if you know what I mean.

I thought vancouver had just a small handful of anglers and pressure is ridiculously light? Sshhh its a secret, FM knows where they are [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

quote:I'm not interested in 50 boats on the area which will fish out the action if you know what I mean.

I thought vancouver had just a small handful of anglers and pressure is ridiculously light? Sshhh its a secret, FM knows where they are [xx(]

I'm not the only one...I know that. Go west until you see the boats...then stop...put lines in. Those who fish Vancouver in April know what I'm talking about. :D

Hey F.M., I might just do that. By the way my dad was crabbing at Porteau Cove and watched a guy play a large salmon. This took place right in front of the park. He also saw a fish caught over at Defense Islands. This was Wednesday. I for one kind of enjoy fishing among other boats out there. The only time you don't want week-end warriors are places like the waterfall.

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

I'm not the only one...I know that. Go west until you see the boats...then stop...put lines in. Those who fish Vancouver in April know what I'm talking about. :D
Its like the old John Lennon tune - "playin those mind games forever":)

quote:

At any rate, for those who haven't put the boat in the water and fish local to Vancouver... I'm telling you..."THE TIME IS NOW!". Those who know me know exactly what I mean by that statement. [8]

Here we go again [xx(]

Hey Moocher, watch out for those guys that cut you off:D

Darn work thing has gotten in the way of my fishing today. I hope to get out on Monday now.

Hopefully some others are getting into fish this weekend.

Just got off the phone with a friend who is fishing in the Vancouver area.

He reports that things are pretty dead all over. He has not heard of any other boats hitting fish in the usual places in Howe Sound, Vancouver Harbour or even across the gulf at Thrasher Rock.

In his search for fish, he wandered south of Bowen, about 5 nautical miles from Cowan Pt. and decided to start playing with his rods. He is alone in the boat and has 4 rods out.

He popped one rod off the downrigger and just as he was expecting the flasher to pop up to the surface, something just about pulled the rod out of his hands! He jerked back to set the hook and it just took off screaming line from the reel. He managed to get the second line up on that side and got the fish in the boat after some pretty wild jumping action next to the boat. A nice 15 pound chrome bright feeder Chinook.

He adjusted his lines more shallow and got another one about 14 pounds. He continued to fish and released a third fish about the same as the first two.

All between 10:15AM and 11:30AM this morning. (low tide at 12:56PM).

He was also kind enough to give me his waypoint:

49. 15.650 N
123. 23.700 W

He says that all the fish were inside an area surrounding this point about the size of a football field.

He also noted that he is trolling a bit faster.

Just as he was about to get off the phone he reported that someone on the radio said they caught one fish near the Gulf Islands.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Some more info:

He just hit another fish out there.

60' deep with a Green & Glow 3.5" Coyote spoon with the little metal spinner on the back of the spoon.

He hooked 3 of his 4 fish on this, and 1 on an Anchovy in a glow Rhys Davis teaser head.

Luhr%20J42.jpg

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Now that's what I call a fishing report (without any BS)! :)

Thanks

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Now that's what I call a fishing report (with any BS)! :)

Thanks

No BS! This guy is pretty accurate in his reports. As am I.

He has phoned again:

He hooked and lost another nice fish.

A friend of his came out and is fishing beside him. As we were talking I heard his friend talking on the VHF and he reported that he had boated one fish and lost another at 60' and 40'. Otherwise, pretty slow around Vancouver.

I'll see if I can get him to send me photos after he gets home.
If he does, I'll post them here for proof. :D

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Now that's what I call a fishing report (with any BS)! :)

Thanks

No BS! This guy is pretty accurate in his reports. As am I.

He has phoned again:

He hooked and lost another nice fish.

A friend of his came out and is fishing beside him. As we were talking I heard his friend talking on the VHF and he reported that he had boated one fish and lost another at 60' and 40'. Otherwise, pretty slow around Vancouver.

I'll see if I can get him to send me photos after he gets home.
If he does, I'll post them here for proof. :D

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Well, I'm just off the water. Whoever is saying that fishing is slow needs to go to a fishing clinic and get their angling skills evaluated. It's not "slow" by any stretch of imagination.

Most boats managed to pick up a fish or two today. We managed 3 ourselves. A 12 and 16 on a double header--and the third was a decent sized blooper fish which hit on the way up right at the end of our day--we weren't even watching the rod. It came out of the water like a Coho 120 feet back and spat the hook. I know of a few other boats who reported putting a fish or two in the box with a shot at a couple...and it basically depends on how much water you covered--and finding the pockets of fish. Cover more water and you'll find them. I estimated about 15 boats on the water over the area.

The other thing is that not everyone states how they're doing on the VHF either.

Thanks for the reports guys. Too bad it looks windy for the next few days.

Back