Vancouver Island Salmon Classic

profisher

Only a couple of weeks to go and some lucky guys are going to be a good bit richer for a couple days fishing. Looking forward to some good times and good fishing. Anyone else starting to get antsy waiting for the Labour day weekend?

You mean Sooke salmon classic. Will be hitting it hard the next couple of weeks. Will also be watching very closely what and where the competition is up to.

Tournament Proven !

No, the name is "Vancouver Island salmon Classic" I picked the Vancouver Island part!

Cool!!
You in it?
quote:Originally posted by profisher

No, the name is "Vancouver Island salmon Classic" I picked the Vancouver Island part!

JUST FISHEN'

Yes, me and a couple clients. Hope to take home a 1/3 of a big amount!

So this derby is/was Thurs, Fri, Sat?
No fish weighed in Thurs?
What time is final weigh in?

Tips

Fishing Fri & Sat..a 37.8 leads tonight...Enjoy Charters stands to win $100,000.00 if it stands up thru tomorrow.

Looks like N-Joy took home $150,000 and Banannas $25,000. Nice job!
Trevor did you get the side bet?

I think these guys proved that it is not all luck. Some top rods putting big fish on the board.

Can anyone give some details or summary of the derby?
Was it well run? Good event?

And yes... I want to know where the biggies were caught and on what?

Tips

I think most would agree that the Sooke Harbour Resort crew did a great job. Very impressive for the first event. Definitely many more to come as many wanted to pay deposits already for 2010. There is a wait list and those in the 2009 event have first dibs for 2010. Great accommodations in the onsite condo's, great food (hot breakfasts, big packed lunches and and big plate dinners) also all the free beer from Lighthouse Brewery that you could drink. A great time had by all...the calm seas, mild evening temperatures and no evening winds were icing on the cake!!! Even the rain held off until Sunday.

Next Labour days event is taking 5 new teams for a total of 60. 58 teams are paying teams and 2 are for sponsors. There is now a $10,000 4th place prize and a free entry into 2011 for the 5th place team. All on top of the $100,000 for 1st, $50,000 for 2nd and $25,000 for 3rd. Looking like an even better tourney for 2010.

Ya can't wait i know some guys are already making their plans.
We were the first boat in for this year.

Can't say enough about this derby one of the best i've been in for sure.Alot of top rods out there anybodies derby.

Ya. Sounds like a outstanding derby, hard for me to afford the six grand entrance fee!!! Iam sure there are other top rods who feel the same pain. Anyway good luck to all in the 2010 derby. Cheers FC

You don't need six grand to enter...you have the most important part of a team. The boat and skill. Find 3 guys who want to fish it, let them pay, you provide yourself and boat for free and take an equal share of any winnings. Many of those in the tourney are doing this already!

Huh Jay was in the van isle salmon classic last year.He's a great guy fishes most of our derbies and does quite well.

Hey Profisher. Thankyou for the advice and the vote of confidence! So I guess Iam looking for a team! Anybody out there want a shot at a hundred grand. Gypseas,Deewar and Chris 73??? LOL Come on guys it would be a blast!! Cheers. FC

I like the way you're thinking Jim... the 100grand part anyway :D
Can't catch a 38lbr if my life depended on it let alone one every day.
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

I'm holding a team and I'm looking for 2 new team members for 2010. Same deal as last year...you pay the entry, I supply myself and the boat..any winnings split evenly.

Back