Vancouver Derby August 23rd

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Rain City, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

So this guy is holding a derby and is looking for more participants. I don't have any details so please direct your questions to him. It's Wicked Salmon Charters and his number 236-887-3131
    He prefers to communicate via IG though as all the details are coming through there. https://instagram.com/wickedsalmoncharters?igshid=992f20pccj75

I'm NOT affiliated with this one.

2. Aces

Aces Well-Known Member

Strange.

Wade from Bear Cove In Port Hardy calls his Charters Wicked Salmon too.

3. Pineapple Express

Pineapple Express Well-Known Member

Wonder why this particular date was picked? Why not wait until Sat Sept 5th when chinook retention is permitted?

4. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

Different guy. Outfit with similar name in Vancouver. I know it confused me 2.

5. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

I actually was organizing one as well for the 15th and ended up dropping it altogether except for a few buddies. Apparently he has some big season long thing going on. I was hoping to reschedule mine for after Sept 1st as well but lost interest.

6. fishin solo

fishin solo Well-Known Member

7. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Only that it's $500 and it's a live video measuring of the fish or something crazy like that. Apparently this is like a test for future derby's this guy wants to hold with big big prizes. A buddy tagged me on IG on his post so I talked to the guy for a quick sec and was like "whaaaaaat you're not on SFBC?! That's crazy talk. I'll post it there for you".

That was it.

8. fishin solo

fishin solo Well-Known Member

Haha yeah I grew up with pete, He’s good shit. Video measuring hey..... sounds like a PITA. Have to give him a shout and maybe sign up and fish the local waters again ;)

Rain City likes this.
  9. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

My thoughts as well.

10. ab1752

ab1752 Well-Known Member

Anyway speaking of derbys I'm hearing the DofNV derby will be taking place again this year, also with a virtual weigh in. I'm not sure how that will unfold but I'm gonna bring all my banana weights with me for sure!