Vancouver Chuck

coriba

Restarting thread.

Trying QA and South Bowen tomorrow, report on return.

Where is the crabbing good? I've been getting skunked off the airport. Got a fresh salmon carcass for the trap.

Coriba,am heading over there on sunday to give it a shot, heard there are lots of seals in the area.Had reports of the seals taking fish before they made it to the boat.Good luck tomorrow:)

paul

where are you guys launching from I was thinking mcdonald beach on sunday but not to sure on how much water you need to launch at mcdonald or is it good at any tide

never had a prob , good ramp

fd...

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

If the tide is around a 1 foot you can have a problem. The nd of the ramp drops off and leaving between the break water can be only 3 feet of water.You need to go dead center.

quote:You need to go dead center
that a good idea all the way down the river from McDonald.
I get the hebegebes when I see the top few inches of a full length logs stuck in the mud at 45 degrees....miss seeing that in the chop while running down the side....yikes!!!!!!.

sure been quiet with respect to reports off Bowen, i think when the dolphins came in , it scared the salmon around. We were out last weekend and very few boats and fish around, i also heard that some guys got hassled by indian crabbers off Vancouver? Seems most locals are sealing at Thrasher

quote:Originally posted by cammer

sure been quiet with respect to reports off Bowen, i think when the dolphins came in , it scared the salmon around. We were out last weekend and very few boats and fish around, i also heard that some guys got hassled by indian crabbers off Vancouver? Seems most locals are sealing at Thrasher

Still a few springs around Cammer--just gotta find 'em . Howe Sound is starting to kick out some Squamish fish I hear. Thrasher is producing quite a few. But it's not "hot".

weather is throwing A big F&%K IN the weekend plans, my bro says 4 foot waves in Howe sound, rain tomorrow now, i agree still fish there as we did have one definite keeper on last weekend but far from the hot fishing 3 weeks ago, we need good flat weather to get to thrasher and that doesnt look to promising, keep reports coming FM

I hear you Cam. There is just enough wind to keep me around the house this weekend. If I were a weekend warrior, I could tough it out-- but having the rest of my life to fish, I go when its-a-nice![^]

Also, I sure dont miss the gongshow at the ramps on the weekend either... Aw yes, Life is Good! ;)

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

B to top it off its the ol ladies Bday and im on the hook for Lu Lu lemon shopping for her present, thank god for the nice lil butts(not hali) that shop in that store to make that experience very tolerable, even though im not fishing im still on hook for about 250 $ this weekend, great....

B to top it off its the ol ladies Bday and im on the hook for Lu Lu lemon shopping for her present, thank god for the nice lil butts(not hali) that shop in that store to make that experience very tolerable, even though im not fishing im still on hook for about 250 $ this weekend, great....

Just got reports from a couple of fishin' friends who are "in the know" and Thrasher produced a few large fish today and there was some good action, where they limited guests by 11 am. Us "Vancouver Guys" are lightin' it up over there...for reportedly "not hot" fishing over the last while.

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

Just got reports from a couple of fishin' friends who are "in the know" and Thrasher produced a few large fish today and there was some good action, where they limited guests by 11 am. Us "Vancouver Guys" are lightin' it up over there...for reportedly "not hot" fishing over the last while.

Haha what is this "Us Vancouver guys" outfish you island boys. To funny from a guy posting second hand reports.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Haha what is this "Us Vancouver guys" outfish you island boys. To funny from a guy posting second hand reports.

Yep, too funny alright Kelly, those guys are all Vancouver guides!!!

Well, just off the water from the QA-Bellbuoy area. Nothing much going on over here. However, it sounds like it's ON at Thrasher. A few boats have multiple fish on board....one boat reporting 5 on board as of 2 pm and they're still fishing.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Yep, too funny alright Kelly, those guys are all Vancouver guides!!!

How bout we make you a batch of hero cookies.

how was water today, we are on for tomorrow for a blast to thrash if water stays calm?

Water was nice over there, less than a foot. It was miserable here though. Looks like we might be done for on this side of the Strait....water is coloring up from the increasing freshet and intensifying algae blooms. Tomorrow looks like a bust...

Check out the forecast...

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/forecast_e.html?mapID=03&siteID=14305&stationID=WSB

how was water today, we are on for tomorrow for a blast to thrash if water stays calm?

Yesterday at the QA got pretty rough around 1245. Wind was building from SW and it got too sloppy to fish comfortably. We moved to the Bell Buoy where it was fine. Things settled down over the next couple hours. By 330, it looked like the trip back from Thrasher would have been a lot more pleasant!

Back