Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
did get to watch this one either... good goal tending and defence...needing some scoring....

Leafs are 2-3-3

That is all ;)

We got us both a couple of contenders:rolleyes: but at least we are on a total rebuild and wont have to deal with a couple of 40 year old twins eating cap. Would be nice to see them traded to a team with a chance at a cup.

We got us both a couple of contenders:rolleyes: but at least we are on a total rebuild and wont have to deal with a couple of 40 year old twins eating cap. Would be nice to see them traded to a team with a chance at a cup.

What contending team has the cap space to take both of them? NONE! Think in realistic terms

What contending team has the cap space to take both of them? NONE! Think in realistic terms

Send them to team Sweden, oh i mean the Wangs, i see my Leafs shat the bed again last night. Go Cubs Go

It isnt too hard to see why the Canucks are now so bad. Their 1st round picks the last 10 tears are: Grabner, White, Hodgson, Schroeder, Traded to Florida, Jensen, Gaunce, Shinaruk/Horvat, Virtanen/McCann, Boeser, Juolevi. Throw in the 11 years ago taking Luc Bourdon over Anze Koptitar its pretty easy to see the issue. 2006-2011 picks only Grabner has played regularly in the NHL (for other teams). Horvat may develop into a decent player but no star, Not clear if Virtanen is even an NHL calibre player as he's dumb as a bag of pucks. McCann was traded, too early to say with Boeser and Juolevi. Add in they have traded many of their 2nd and 3rd rounders away for guys like Linden Vey, have drafted very few late round gems, and traded away Luongo AND Schneider for almost nothing. It makes for a pretty bare cupboard. The Comets are one of the worst teams in the AHL, and there aren't any top scorers in the WHL, QMJHL or OHL that are Canuck property. They can fire the coach if they want, its not his fault the twins have finally started to play like mid 30 year olds. Canucks have had 15 years to draft replacements for them and haven't been able to even cobble together an NHL level second line never mind a new first line. Horvat and Sutter are 3rd line centers, none of the wingers after Ericcson are any better than 3rd line anywhere else either. Now they may finally tank AFTER two years of elite talent in the top 3 picks seems to be over. There aren't any McDavids, Eichels Mathews or Laines this year.

California good post :) Hey Nylander rookie of the month with 11pts, other Leaf rookies, Matthews, 10 pts, Marner, 6 pts and Zaitsev 5 pts :D Go CUBS Go

California good post :) Hey Nylander rookie of the month with 11pts, other Leaf rookies, Matthews, 10 pts, Marner, 6 pts and Zaitsev 5 pts :D Go CUBS Go

I never thought I'd see the day but the leafs seem to now be the model on how you BUILD a team. They have accumulated draft picks, built a good scouting system, stayed away from high priced UFAs, instead picked up free agents that were OK and might be useful as trade bait at the deadline and dealt them for more picks. They have also embraced the tank for a few years, and got some luck too with Mathews. They have something like 11 or 12 picks next year as well. Leafs will probably be bottom 1/3rd for one more year, and then start breaking out next season. Canucks only have 5 picks in 2017, but at least its 5th and 6th rounders they gave up to get Larsen and Etem (where is he now?) not the usual 2nds and 3rds they usually let go. Mind you, Canuck drafting has been so bad the picks are likely worthless to them anyhow!

Hopefully the other Canadian teams, Habs, Oilers and Senators can keep up the pace and have some Canadian teams in the playoffs. I think leafs may have to wait until next year to challenge for playoffs.

Wow....and still 14th in the east with the same number of points as the lowly Canucks. :eek::p

Who would have thunk it with those staggering rookie numbers. :p:D:p:D

Wow....and still 14th in the east with the same number of points as the lowly Canucks. :eek::p

Who would have thunk it with those staggering rookie numbers. :p:D:p:D

How many Nuck rookies are posting up numbers like that, time will tell my friend :p Hey you going to Kauai this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back