Vancouver Boat Show

ronin2024

Hey Guys,

I just got back from the Vancouver Boat show. $5 for entry after 5pm. It was pretty dead the first day. It was nice to be able to move around the show without bumping into people. One of the highlights I saw there was at the Sport Fishing Institute of BC booth. They are giving away free Seaqualizers all you have to do is fill out a questionnaire and be willing to answer some questions at the end of the season. Not bad deal.

Also saw some deals on usual stuff fishing stuff. Must resist buying more fishing gear.......

Attachments

• Sea.jpg
    Sea.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 208
Should we all take a break from the DFO and Chinook drama and talk about the updates from the boat show? Any good deals or events that makes it worth a trip to dntown on the weekend? :)

Was at the boat show. Amazing to see a silver streak for the same price as a hewes craft.

Looking at all the boats at once, I know I'd go silver streak before any of the other alloy boats I saw there

I bet the mood for the dealers is a bit unnerving with all the rumors of closures lurking around! I for one wouldn’t be looking at a new boat for a long time, even thinking of returning the brand new islander my wife bought me for Christmas.

I bet the mood for the dealers is a bit unnerving with all the rumors of closures lurking around! I for one wouldn’t be looking at a new boat for a long time, even thinking of returning the brand new islander my wife bought me for Christmas.
That’s what I thought. Millions of dollars of fishing boats on display and we might not be able to fish.
Also unusual for me I didn’t buy any fishing gear.

That is a nice craft for sure, but no forward facing windows lets you know its not made on the West Coast.
Forward facing windows would be the least of my worries. Most Westcoast boats don't have that. I was impressed with the quality of finish and the roominess of the boat. It made the Duckworth boats that were in the same display look pretty rough and cramped. I should be selling these boats, wait a minute, I think I am lol.

Harbour Chandler Nanaimo was the best source of good deals I found as usual.I picked up a new Icom Vhf and an Okuma jigging rod that I really like.Picked up some more AP spoons as well in Andrews favourite colour combinations.I agree with "macro" the Silver Streak boats look very well made.

X2 on HC. Dane is a great guy. Bought a pair of Technium Med-Heavy rods for $150/ea. Good deals on Scotty accessories too.
Also picked up two Ladner prawn traps at PNT. Not a lot happening in the lower field.
Man those aluminum boats are so expen$ive!:eek:

Harbour Chandler Nanaimo was the best source of good deals I found as usual.I picked up a new Icom Vhf and an Okuma jigging rod that I really like.Picked up some more AP spoons as well in Andrews favourite colour combinations.I agree with "macro" the Silver Streak boats look very well made.

+1 on the Harbour Chandler booth. $300 off their list price for the Shockwave seat module. Also, 1 ticket for every hundred bucks spent went into a draw to "spin to win". Got me a free Scotty HP downrigger! Pretty good win.
They also had a ton of nice people there with helpful advice & zero pressure.

Back