Vancouver Area: Best Place for Fencing & Landscaping Lumber Materials

Pineapple Express

I've got a bunch of fencing and landscaping to do. Some of the fencing will be fiddly stuff so I just need to buy loose boards and posts, and other fencing will be posts with pre-fab panels. Pressure treated posts and cedar boards and posts.

I also need some pressure treated 4x6 landscape ties.

Probably some bags of redi-mix concrete too.

I live on the North Shore and I've previously bought some materials from Dick's and Standard, but I've never felt like they've cared to deal with me or give even a modest break on pricing. I don't really want to spend time price shopping each board and post between HD/Lowes/Dicks/Standard.

Soooo....anybody got a preferred place for the materials I've described? Or tips/tricks to get decent pricing from Dicks/Standard?

I don't mind driving out to the valley if it's worth my while.

I don't care much for Dick's pricing even through my work account. But we continue to use them because they are right next door.

Give Poco Building Supplies a shout. Good people and prices.

i Bought my cedar fence panels and pressure treated posts here Big Red Cedar in langley. They have lasted the last few years very well and I would buy from them again. price was way cheaper then HD or Dicks.

I don't care much for Dick's pricing even through my work account. But we continue to use them because they are right next door.

Give Poco Building Supplies a shout. Good people and prices.

Cool, I used to work out in PoCo and I remember PoCo building supplies was a real old-time store....the way Curtis Lumber was before it was bought out and closed up.

i Bought my cedar fence panels and pressure treated posts here Big Red Cedar in langley. They have lasted the last few years very well and I would buy from them again. price was way cheaper then HD or Dicks.

Thanks! I remember now having heard Big Red Cedar ads on the radio...but I didn't remember well enough to remember the name until you posted.

Back